Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

I too got Panavison rv quick shades. Got sick of cleaning everything on the outside of the coach. No bird s@*t, tree sap, salt, or dirt. Just roll up, and put away until needed again. Best way to go if you want to keep everything clean. Robbie

Quote:
Unlike the others I will recommend RV Quick Shades www.rvquickshades.com. They go on the inside with suction cups, we have had ours for over a year and no problems. We ordered the panashade even though we have the split front window and had enough extra to do the small slide out windows as well. I would have hated using the Prompts this weekend as it was very rainy here in FL and when we left the rig was wet. With the RV Quick shades I popped them off rolled them up and stored next to bed on floor where they reside while not in use. They were dry while I bet those Prompts would not have been. Also this gives DH and I more equal chores. If I ordered the outside stuff that would be more on him to take care of, don't think he would like that too much.
We recently looked at MCD's power shades for the rest of the coach and the RV Quick shades people asked me if I opened the windows a lot. I said no as it usually is too hot in FL to do that. He told me to pop off the screens and then I could use the RVQuickShades on those windows too. Guess what...he saved me about $700.00 for that advice because now I can use them all over my rig....YEAH!

'06 AWD Saturn Vue-toad
riggarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Ostermiller:
Hi Ho: How do these things make out with rain, snow, wind? Can they be left in place when westher comes along? I would think snaps would be more resistant, but maybe they cannot stand the rain and snow?

Dirk
Dirk... We live in OH and camp into December when it does snow. We use our Prompt sunscreen then also. The weather hasn't hurt it a bit. We only use the windshield sunscreen and it does not use suction cups. It has straps that hook onto the window frames. They are very sturdy in the wind; we've never had a problem with them coming off or flapping in the wind. I cannot comment on the side window sunscreens that use the suction cups, though.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #23
paz
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by Doula:
I cannot comment on the side window sunscreens that use the suction cups, though.

~Lori
The side of the motorhome where the suction cup sticks plus the suction cup itself must be kept clean for the suction cup to stick. Also, as the suction cups age they get stiff and they flatten out from use. Therefore, they need to be replaced occasionally ($1 each). If you have relatively new suction cups and wipe off the side of the motorhome with a damp paper towel before putting the side screens up, there is usually no problem.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

I just called Prompt and got a couple of new suction cups. Their $1.25 each plus $5.00 shipping.

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4027
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 AM   #25
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally posted by Harm:
I just called Prompt and got a couple of new suction cups. They're $1.25 each plus $5.00 shipping.
Harm, Did you tell him you were an iRV2.com member?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

DriVer, no I didn't. Is that the magic word for a discount? I'll remember next time and with the Florida sun there will be a next time!

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4027
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 AM   #27
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally posted by Harm:
DriVer, no I didn't. Is that the magic word for a discount? I'll remember next time and with the Florida sun there will be a next time!
Harm, Bill Rex returned my call yesterday and yes he said that if you mention iRV2.com there is a discount or free merchandise in there somewhere. If you go to the "Prompt" website you will see that iRV2.com's logo is proudly displayed on their front page.

No matter what you buy out there if you guys tell the person on the other end of the phone that you've seen info regarding any product on iRV2.com that would be a good thing.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

I spoke to Prompt 3 years ago. Because I belonged to FMCA they offered me both free wiper covers and a storage bag.

FWIW, I ended up buying the same screens I had on my old motorhome, Sunguard

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

We have the quickshades. Works great. I like the fact that there always clean and dry.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

We have used the RV Quick Shades on two MH's. We are not the type to snowbird and stay put in one place for a long time, so the ease of putting up and taking down the shades every day,or so, makes them very convenient. Also, the couple that sells them are very nice, they have been very easy to work with, concerning the "right" colors, and sizes. If we would stay put in one place for an extended period of time, in the sunny part of the country, maybe the exterior mounted units might be a little better.
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Pushrod:
If we would stay put in one place for an extended period of time, in the sunny part of the country, maybe the exterior mounted units might be a little better.
I understand your point, but the Prompt windshield sunscreen only takes about 15 seconds to place, plus no ladder, no snaps, etc. We use it when only staying somewhere for one day as well as the longer stays since it's so quick and easy... snow, rain, or shine. Just an FYI.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

We have had both kinds, indoor and now the outdoor ones. I agree with Doula...we have had Prompt windshield, driver's window and passenger window screens since we purchased our Horizon. SOOOO much easier to put up and take down.

Never again will I go with screens that you have to bend, twist and hunch to get those suction cups on and off.
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:53 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Just picked up our windshield "Prompt" screen. Amazed how easy it was to install! We will be ordering the screens for the side windows. Oh yea, we did mention IRV2 and he thru in the bag!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

We decided to go the cheap route. We bought 90% solar shade material from Lowes on sale for $12 per roll. It will only take 1 roll to do our front windshield. DW is going to sew a hem on the top and bottom edges and we'll add a few suction cups. Naturally we'll put this one inside our coach, but for $12 and a little labor (hers, not mine) it should be sweet.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

We have used both of these products. We had Prompt for our old gas coach and we use the RV Quickshades on our pusher. Both are very good products and work well. And both have suction cups that give out after a year or so.

Both have pros and cons that are mentioned quite well in the previous posts. The one thing we have done is also put the Quickshades on our internal windows wich have greatly helped the heat here in Florida.

Look at both products and pick the one you like the best. You won't be sorry with either product.
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Update from the sagging problem I noted in an earlier post. I spoke with Bill at Prompt and he came to me while at the FL state rally and adjusted my screen so it's sagiing problem is a thing of the past.

I also had a problem putting up the screen with the suction cups so Bill put on the clips like are used in gas models and now I am able to put it on myself in a less than a minute and it fits just like it is intended too. Bill did say part of the these issues were due to my side post near the door being flat black rather than a painted surface. The suction cups work better on a painted surface.

I have recommended Prompt to many people and with seeing how they stand behind their product I certainly will continue to do so.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

I have had the Quick Shade now for 4years and love them.
No problem putting them up and taking them down and especially the fact they are clean and dry as I am.
BobD

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #38
Winnebago Owner

You might try Sewmasters in Yuma -- full windshield and front side windows and carry bag - $179. Custom made, snap attachment, twist lock extra. We went a step further, at the suggestion of a full timer, and had the screen on our door removed and replaced with the sun screen, as we like to keep the outer door open. Privacy and fresh air!
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

I may have said this before so please fogive an old lady for repeating herself. The reason I like the Prompt sunscreens (besides the fact they are a sponsor of this forum) is there are no snaps and no ladder needed even for me and I'm height challenged. Takes me maybe 30 seconds to put up the screen. Yes, the inside ones stay cleaner but they are also not as efficient. I have an inside one for those one night stops that aren't in a camprgound during the summer. It helps with the heat but not as much as the outside one.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote