Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Stop the Awning Whine - Pull the Plug!

I just recently purchased a used 2020 View 24V. The awning makes a whining sound every 30 seconds no matter whether it is in or out - as long as any power is on. At first I thought this was the motion sensor needing batteries, only to find out the prior owner ripped out the motion sensor. Carefree says it is the motor, and it needs a new one which is back ordered (and will take time to install). IN THE MEAN TIME - i am trying to just stop the noise without having to turn all the power off. I don't find any fuses directly related only to the awning. I am considering cutting any power cable near the motor (where you remove the awning plate to manually roll it up) - but that seems a bit drastic.

Any help would be TRULY appreciated - because I can't live a month in it listening to that WHINE!
bubbabeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Pull your fuses one at a time until it stops.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check your owners manuals OR go to winny website and get them and DL the wiring and maybe you can find.

Hard to think No specific fuse for the powered awning - but apparently a long time PIA and likely has not worked properly for a while.

GL !
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning