Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Squeaking Power Loft Bed

Greetings.

We have a 2019 Forza 34T with a Power Loft Bed (I assume it is a " euroloft" since that is what is on the panel with the down/up controls) above the driver's area. There is a very annoying and continuous squeaking noise coming from the point where the bed enters the track on the passenger side when we drive the unit. Initially, the slide track on that side was very loose and we had our dealer tighten it up, assuming that was the cause. But that did not eliminate the squeaking. I tried lowering the bed such that the safety belt is stretched to the max, and this lessened but did not eliminate the squeaking.

Has anyone else experienced this with these Power Loft Beds. I have seen this same loft bed in other Winnebago models, so I do not believe it has anything to do with our particular model.

My better half is not happy. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jamie
Jamie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Do you use it? If not, take it out. I removed the StudioLoft in our Sunstar to get back the headroom, and eliminate some weight.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have the same issue in our Winnebago Sunstar- drives me crazy. I shoved a folded towel between the bed and the wall and that helped. This makes me think it has something to do with the adjustment of the rollers in the track but I keep forgetting to adjust them when we get back home.
T00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

First thing I did was to spray the track and roller assembly with silicone spray. Did not really do much but I just wanted to make sure it would not hang up when doing adjustments. My first attempt was to adjust the rollers toward the outside of the rv thinking the outside wall would put pressure on the roller assembly. Did not work. From there I just kept adjusting inward a little at a time over the course of several weeks. We would get home from a trip, I would adjust then go out for another trip to see if it had changed. Right now it is squeak free but just sticks a little bit when going to lower the bed. I settled for that! Both roller assemblies are now pretty equally spaced from side to side.
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I don’t have your model, but we did have the same squeaking issue. Crawled up there and used silicone spray. Sprayed the rollers near the front of the cab. It worked. At least give that a try first, if you have not already.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #6
NXR
Winnebago Owner

Mine was caused by that bolt that goes into the roller assembly having its nut back out. Sitting in the seat I could see the bolt moving around.
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #7
2018 Winniebago Vista 27

Adjust the roller stud/bolt inward as stated above

Our 2018 27PE Vista had the same issue but it was more of a popping sound. Drove me crazy, I hate rattle's & knocks & squeak's in a vehicle.
I did the same as stated above , adjusted out at 1st and made it worse. Started adjusting inward until it quit. I had to adjust the roller bolt/stud on the drivers side. It only makes noise when we hit a big bump or a washboard section in the road now.
Mikee
Old 12-24-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Have you considered making it more difficult for it to move? Sometimes we can spot places where we might stuff something like extra blankets or pillows in and then close it so that the extra stuffing holds it from moving so much. Not so much that it causes too much pressure against things to close but somewhere in between?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Mine started squeaking. After I stopped I mad sure the bed was Up COMPLETELY. Hold the switch for an extra second after it stopped. If it was to insist on squeaking I was going to add a nice piece of something to the mount that it sets in when closed.
sammax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power