Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Time to check your roof seams. I just did mine and found for the first time in 3 years of ownership, a little spot over my bedroom slide coming loose. You can't check with just a visual inspection, you must press the fiberglass to see if it seperates.

Cleaned the seam, resealed it with some Dircor self leveling RV caulk and I'm good to go. Hitting the campground this weekend-Hoo Rah!

Eternabond can be used as a permenant solution if you choose.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Time to check your roof seams. I just did mine and found for the first time in 3 years of ownership, a little spot over my bedroom slide coming loose. You can't check with just a visual inspection, you must press the fiberglass to see if it seperates.

Cleaned the seam, resealed it with some Dircor self leveling RV caulk and I'm good to go. Hitting the campground this weekend-Hoo Rah!

Eternabond can be used as a permenant solution if you choose.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have already done my old Winne last week with a complete reseal of the whole roof and end cap.
I feel much dryer now!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Paul,there was an entire topic recently on JimBob's eternabond repair...might be worth looking into.
There was even a lot of discussion about adding the rain gutter stand off spouts.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I have a leak that's above the cabover bed. I just noticed the bed cushions are really wet. (I bought the unit Wednesday from a couple who told me there were no leaks and that all appliances worked)! How can I tell if it's from the big front window, above the cab-over bed or from the roof seals?
My rig is a 1997 winnebago Itasco Spirit.
heydaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:47 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

heydaver,first of all....WELCOME to the forum!!

Hang in there a piece and someone will come along with an answer for you...

Congrats on your purchase!!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:41 AM   #7
KCE
Winnebago Owner

Just looked up at mine yesterday and the eternabond looks as good as the day I put it there. I might add my roof seams had "no" caulk from the factory. Thats right folks "no" caulk. Push in roof and nothing on either side I was surprised. Having said that, I still had no leaks.
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Paul,there was an entire topic recently on JimBob's eternabond repair...might be worth looking into.
There was even a lot of discussion about adding the rain gutter stand off spouts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is the link for the gutter spouts?? We just bought some. I gues there are 2 different kinds.. with and without the needed connectors

Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Ellen, HERE is the link to the looong discussion on not only eternabond taping,but several different types of spouts as well.

ENJOY!