Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Splendide washer/dryer maintenance

We have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 38J with a Splendide washer/dryer. We are concerned about possible lint buildup in the vent pipe. (We’ve owned the coach for 2.5 years and have used the unit with some frequency.).

My first question is given the short run length of the exhaust tube, should this be a concern? If so, how do I access the tube. From what I can discern my only option would be to disconnect the vent from the access panel in the toilet area and then pull the entire unit out.

Thanks in advance.
Rringle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #2

My memory is that there is no lint trap you can clean.

There is a drain at the bottom right corner and you need to remove the bottom-front-cover to get to it.

I have been using my washer/dryer on-and-off for 5 years and I found this drain cleanout area to be relatively clean.

However, my washer sometimes develops a smell. However, upon closer examination it would appear, just like the black water tank, that when the gray water tank has a lot of "outgassing" then the fumes can leach thru the p-trap. This "smell" is especially noticeable if you turn your ceiling fan "on" and I can only assume that smell is stronger during this time, because the fan draws the fume more rapidly out of the tank. I.e., a p-trap is only so effective.

Splendide WD2100xc Back Flush
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/spl...sh-504109.html

This link is also informative:
https://wheeledhorizons.blogspot.com...de-2100xc.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Washer Drain 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	179425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Washer Drain 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	179426  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf HOW I WINTERIZE MY 2004 ITASCA HORIZON (PDF).pdf (71.2 KB, 26 views)
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hopefully figured it out

I finally found something about maintaining the unit on YouTube. I did clean the small tube and also learned that if there is any lint, it will usually be trapped around the rubber ring area. Everything appears ok. Thanks for your help.
Rringle55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance