Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2022, 12:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

sourcing discontinued parts

HI. New member here. I am trying to source a Leveler control module for my Kwikee Level Best Levelers. Lippert advises they are discontinued and I have search most of the usual places. The part is Winnebego part# 139643-08-00 also know as Kwikee part # 906900427 . It is essentualy the dash mounted touch pad and module for the Auto Leveler model. Does anyone know of any weird out of the way place where I may be able to get this part (new or salvage). its for my 2008 Itasca Sunrise 32H... thanks in advance
shoreline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you tried "Lichtsinn" for the part.
https://www.lichtsinn.com/

As they are next door to Winnebago they have great knowledge about parts etc.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:18 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Mobility RV
818 Hwy 9
Hanlantown, IA 50444
800-933-7742

Ask for Terry - deals in WBGO parts - located next to I-35 just east of Forest City, IA. Have your VIN # available...
Old 04-03-2022, 05:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I Googled "Kwikee part # 906900427" and a page of possibilities came up, the best being this replacement touchpad on eTrailer: https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...hoCUYcQAvD_BwE

David
Old 04-03-2022, 05:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

yup. I tried them first... no luck
Old 04-03-2022, 05:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thats the standard touch pad. Not the same part. Its identical but has "auto" mode on it. E trailer doesn't have it either. Thanks anyway
Old 04-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

thanks I will give them a shot
Old 04-03-2022, 07:30 AM   #8
Site Team

There are two large well-known RV graveyards.

Colaw RV in Missouri and Visone RV Salvage in Kentucky.

You could try each of them.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanks I will try them
Old 04-08-2022, 04:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

To date I tried over twenty RV suppliers both for new and salvage/recycle parts with no luck. I did all these searches through Google primarily. Out of desperation I did two things. 1: I took the original module to an electronics tech to see if he could test and or repair the circuit board. He did test it and found a screw had come loose inside the module box and rattled around on top of the circuit board shorting out about five different connections. It is repairable but will take about one month to source the circuit board parts from china, and about end up costing about $4-500. Second: I tried using the BING search engine and low and behold an Rv supplier came up that did not come up on Goodle or Yahoo that listed the part (new). I contacted them and they confirmed they had two of them in stock. The only thing is what used to be about a $400 part two years ago is now $1600.
At least it can be fixed. Thanks again for everyones input
Old 04-10-2022, 05:09 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline4 View Post
To date I tried over twenty RV suppliers both for new and salvage/recycle parts with no luck. I did all these searches through Google primarily. Out of desperation I did two things. 1: I took the original module to an electronics tech to see if he could test and or repair the circuit board. He did test it and found a screw had come loose inside the module box and rattled around on top of the circuit board shorting out about five different connections. It is repairable but will take about one month to source the circuit board parts from china, and about end up costing about $4-500. Second: I tried using the BING search engine and low and behold an Rv supplier came up that did not come up on Goodle or Yahoo that listed the part (new). I contacted them and they confirmed they had two of them in stock. The only thing is what used to be about a $400 part two years ago is now $1600.
Same problem you have, I have a 2005 Winnebago with same leveling system , found this information about 3weeks ago . When I get back home this is what I’m doing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23A5C8B1-4DA5-4744-9560-0FBB703A3AA9.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	182461   Click image for larger version

Name:	3F451C2D-1FED-450B-88C0-A95AEAB27A41.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	182462  

rharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:28 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Our tech offered to install a set of manual switches like you mention here. I didn't want a jury rigged system and wanted the rig to remain as close to factory as possible. One day we will be selling it and jury rigged accessories tend to really devalue a unit. If we were going to keep it until it died then it would make sense but it is nice to have options.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Rharrison,
I just built this. Sized to fit original bezel and looks good. Wasn't difficult, but did NOT work. Beginning troubleshooting. Think it's something basic, like wrong wire between the SPST switch and the relay. Will report back here when fixed.
P.S. I've been searching for months and have not found a replacement control panel.
RHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:38 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline4 View Post
So which supplier came up through BING, as you didn't mention that?
rcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:12 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

There are several on eBay under Power Gear and Lippert that look to be the same control panel. You could contact the sellers:

Here are some links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16537785523...EAAOSwb9phCaje

https://www.ebay.com/p/2163631133 (see More items related to this product)

You may be able to cross reference the part numbers by contacting Lippert. If not the same they may work with or without some modification in terms of the connecting plug/wires.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

That is a power gear touch pad. Different make. But thanks anywayt
Old 04-21-2022, 03:55 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Sorry about that. It was RV PARTS EXPRESS. As I mentioned elsewhere on the post the part arrived and when I Installed it, it didn't work. I was surprised when I contacted this supplier that he immediately shipped up the second part they had in stock. Usually with electronic parts there often no returns if you have installed them. This company went way out of their way to help resolve the problem. I was really impressed with them.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:13 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Have you seen this list of RV surplus and salvage yards by state?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Yes I went through a lot of them, but thanks
Old 07-25-2022, 09:55 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

DIY Board Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHome View Post
Rharrison,
I just built this. Sized to fit original bezel and looks good. Wasn't difficult, but did NOT work. Beginning troubleshooting. Think it's something basic, like wrong wire between the SPST switch and the relay. Will report back here when fixed.
P.S. I've been searching for months and have not found a replacement control panel.
UPDATE: 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 30B with Level Best jacks. Built DIY board, tested, not working. Troubleshooting revealed pins on diagram not numbered like pins on the 16-pin plug. Corrected. Still not working.

Troubleshot more. Finally found the ignition signal in my wiring not sending 12 volts to my DIY board. Bypassed by send 12 volts direct to my DIY board.

Now, pump runs, but jacks don't move. Tested all solenoids - working.

On my motorhome wiring harness, there are two wires that have no corresponding wire on the DIY board. They are labeled "Run Only" on Pin 11 (actually Pin 3), and "Press Manifold" on Pin 12 (actually Pin 4). Applying 12 volts to Run Only, I can hear a solenoid move. Any idea what there two wires do, and if they are necessary for the DIY board to work??? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Is this a clue? Applying 12 volts to Run Only, Pin 3 (actual), on the motorhome harness makes the steps retract.
RHome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts