Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slow moving King bed

Just bought a new 2010 Adventurer 37' with a king sized bed. When you turn the power on to slide the mattress up or down, it moves so slow that it takes a LONG time. Can't hardly tell its moving. The dealer said that the Winnebago rep stated that's normal.....is it?
WendellG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Apparently it is. Mine is pretty slow, too. Take a look at the motor and screw-shaft that is moving the mattress.....you won't be impressed.

FWIW, if you don't wait until it is COMPLETELY up, the slide out won't come IN, however you can extend the slide without lowering the bed....
Ed
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Its crazy, how long does it take your bed to fully extend and retract? We just did the walk-thru Sat and they still have it to fix a couple of things so I haven't played with it...Thank you
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I've never timed it, but I agree it seems like a LONG time when you are standing there holding the switch ( which could have been put somewhere more conveinent, IMO ). My guess is that it may take longer than a minute to raise fully so the slide will come in.

I don't understand "why" they chose to use a momentary switch, the kind you MUST continue to hold, instead of a simple "up or down" that would eliminate the need to stand there watching how slowly the mattress is moving. Perhaps you can ask your dealer if it is possible to change the switch type to eliminate this problem for you.

Overall, we are satisfied with our choice of the 37F on the WCC W-24. However, there are several things I wish they had done differently. After you've used yours a few times, send me a PM and we'll compare notes.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Ours is the same snail pace raising and lowering. I hadn't thought of changing the switch and would be interested in the dealers answer.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I've never timed it, but I agree it seems like a LONG time when you are standing there holding the switch ( which could have been put somewhere more conveinent, IMO ). My guess is that it may take longer than a minute to raise fully so the slide will come in.

I don't understand "why" they chose to use a momentary switch, the kind you MUST continue to hold, instead of a simple "up or down" that would eliminate the need to stand there watching how slowly the mattress is moving. Perhaps you can ask your dealer if it is possible to change the switch type to eliminate this problem for you.

Overall, we are satisfied with our choice of the 37F on the WCC W-24. However, there are several things I wish they had done differently. After you've used yours a few times, send me a PM and we'll compare notes.
Thanks, I sure will!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I checked and they are going to recheck the bed. The tech just a on/off switch wouldn't work as it wouldn't turn off automatically.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I'm no electrician, but your tech does not sound like one either.

You don't have to stand there holding the switch to get the vent to open or close, but it "turns off" whenever the process is complete. Therefore, I believe there must be a way the bed "could" be made to work in the same way as the vent, if someone wanted to.......
Ed