Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
The tube on our CAT comes down from the valve cover in front of the radiator/intercooler. Do you think it wise to move past this location towards the rear of the coach to mount the catch bottle?

I extended mine to the rear of the coach. I doubt it significantly increases crankcase back pressure. It does get the vapor out the rear of the RV and not up through the radiator / intercooler.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I extended mine to the rear of the coach. I doubt it significantly increases crankcase back pressure. It does get the vapor out the rear of the RV and not up through the radiator / intercooler.
Thanks Bob, Keeping it from spraying the radiator/intercooler is exactly the result I want. The person (Juan) who gave us our orientation when we bought our Journey owns an 04 Meridian and told me his exits to the driver's side and that his exhaust blows it out & away from his towed. He doesn't run a slobber tube "catch can" at all...

Hate to be that guy on a motorcycle in the fast lane!

Your thoughts?
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #23

I must share My experiance;;; Our DP; cat. engine had the Factory short tube... The chassic manufacture/someone Had an update. It was b bit longer and has 2 bends in it... Well i looked at it and made one a little longer with a down bend at the end.. The bottom line the tube blocked, Blew the Terbo seals out it cost me( no warrenty on after market JUNK) The bill was over $3500.00 For not using the Factory replacement;; I will share another axperiance;; My 1929 chev, 6 cyl; had a slpash system . Up in the rocker area there was a piece of wool 4" X 28" it would absorb the oil and it would drain back down oiling the Cam shaft/tappets/valves and some other things.. Well the kid in the farm next to us modaified that. shortly there after his engine Sezzed. the point is. If the manufacture Issues an Update.. DO IT They spend Millions of dollers trying to make the best product.. . I cringe when I hear people talking about some of the things They do.. It's frightining;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

We had the same problem with the same solution. Our tube stays perfectly clean inside as does the oil separator. We use Rotella-T 15W40 changed every 11,000 miles.
rmeusborn is offline   Reply With Quote