Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My screws have come loose on the hangers, does anyone know how to remove the door? So I can replace screws with larger ones, and "Glue"!

Bruce
Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My screws have come loose on the hangers, does anyone know how to remove the door? So I can replace screws with larger ones, and "Glue"!

Bruce
Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

RVDriver,

The repair is very simple, just had to do the same after returing from my last trip. All you need is two plastic mollys to hummer into the existing screw holes. Then just reinstall the original screws. The same works for those of us who have roof top A/C units. Plastic mollys into the four exisitng screw holes for the
return filter cover and no more loose screws after they have been removed and replaced a few times. You would think WBI could have affored the $0.50( total for both filters and the door ) increase in cost to have done so in the first place. I suggest taking the screw with you to a local ACE, True Value or local type hardware store because they usually sell them individualy and not by the six pack like HD or Lowes. That's how I kept the cost so low to fix both filter and the door.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RVDriver:

Bruce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bruce, I went out and looked at mine to see how to remove the door. NO CLUE. Geechee- how did you actually get the door off so you could work on it? Thanks in advance.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Donavon,

There is an L shaped bracket that acts to keep the sliding doors in the correct relationship to the guide rollers. When the screws securing it to the floor came loose it allowed the door rollers to jump the track. I repositioned the rollers by swing the door out and up. Maybe I jumped the gun in my response to RVDriver original post. I used the mollys to reinstall the two screws holding the bracket, but that was only after getting the rollers back on track. Now after rereading the original posting, it appears his problem is with the screws attaching the roller track to the ceiling. My problem was at the floor level and not at the ceiling level. However, if the screws are installed in the same fashion as those used for the air return filter's, then the mollys should also work.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have (had) the same problem, with the screws holding the overhead track coming out, and the holes enlarging to the point that the screw would no longer hold. I tried a larger screw, but the head on all I tried was too big, and the door hit it when I tried to slide it closed. Couldn't use plastic mollies without taking the door off of the track, and I didn't want to try to figure out how to do it. So I did the simple old trick of gluing wooden matchsticks into the existing holes, letting the glue dry, breaking the matchsticks off flush, and reinserting the screws. Works fine so far...
Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

As one follicly challenged male to another, great idea.

2004 CR-V EX
Old 11-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geeche:
As one follicly challenged male to another, great idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny Geechee. And thanks for your explanation on getting the door off.

I like the match stick idea OldBaldGuy. I've used this before but I'll be adding Elmers glue to the formula in the future. Thanks.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We had ours come loose two years ago on our way to Alaska. When we stopped that night at an RV park I took it off and left it in the dumpster. After we returned home I installed a curtain rod, the wife bought some material and made a double sided curtain with a tieback to replace it with. It looks really nice, is light weight and doesn't rattle.

Tom
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geeche:
As one follicly challenged male to another, great idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny Geechee. And thanks for your explanation on getting the door off.

I like the match stick idea OldBaldGuy. I've used this before but I'll be adding Elmers glue to the formula in the future. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For all you golfers out there, the wooden golf "T" s work great for that application also.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote