Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slides not responding

Hello,

I have a problem with my slides not extending or retracting on command. At a campground over the holiday when we arrived we had no problem extending, when we were leaving they would not retract. I called a mobile tech who found a loose connection from a cable to the main solenoid, after they tightend that they worked numerous times before leaving.

Now home all i got was a clicking sound, after repeated pushing on the switch they worked, I let it sit for a couple of day's and it still works but not after repeated clicks on the switch. Once one slide works the other works as well, so it seems to be a tandem problem

What would cause this ?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mattpro
2006 Adventurer 38T
Mattpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

slide issue

experienced the exact same problem this thanksgiving if you get any responses please forward and I will do the same , my slides are hydraulic and so our my jacks and now that i am home neither are working
starrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Probably unrelated but I was talking to an RV tech over the weekend and he said regular lubrication to all the gears and guide arms of the slide is very important. G
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This is a long shot but have you tried the slides both with and without the engine running? Sometimes on mine there just doesn't seem to be enough juice in the batteries without the engine running...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

RickO,

I run the engine every time for that very reason, It's like after repeated tries it finally gets the motor running on the slide mech.

Thank you

Mattpro
Mattpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

thanks, i have tried that in addition i have brand new batteries , installed prior to thanksgiving trip. Anyone know the proper way to bleed the lines. Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I would go back to that loose cable and see if its loose again and check all connections especially the ones at the hydraulic pump with special attention to the ground from hydraulic pump to the frame.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Slides won't retract

I experienced the same problem recently. The issue turned out to be a ground wire that was not making solid contact. Since your original problem was solved by fixing a loose wire I suggest you check all of the wiring connections for loose or corroded connections. Good Luck !
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Mine did that last winter. The starter solenoid on the pump would not work in the cold. (Below 10 deg) It would click and not engage the main pump. The pump works great when warm outside. I still have not fixed it. Just don’t go out in the cold anymore. Too many things don’t work in the cold. I had to crawl under the step and bang on the solenoid so we could get home.
Doug
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Hydraulic mechanic responded to craigslist add I placed and determined one of the valves is stuck in the open position allowing the fluid to just cycle and not pressurize. he has contacted HWH for the schematics I also suggest to anyone that if your system has to be diagnosed that during that time mark each solenoid as to which slide it goes to. and the jacks this will help tremendously in the future. My coach has 12 solenoids on the slide out system 2 for each slide and 1 for each jack. Thanks for all the help guys