Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slider and Jack Problem - seeking help

I'm new here, so if I don't do exactly right, please don't criticize too much.

We have a 2002 Journey and the sliders and jacks worked fine until today.

So far this is what has occurred - Sliders will not retract and jacks retracted once and now won't move. Had to crack hydrophilic line in order to push and crank in sliders - written procedure said to open slider valves 4 turns, but didn't work to manually get sliders in - after manually retracting sliders we closed the valves and refilled the tank with fluid. Pump motor was not functioning with either slider button, so we removed motor, opened it and got the brushes unstuck and it works fine now. Replaced motor and it will spin when the slider buttons are pushed, but it doesn't sound like there is any resistance at the pump and the sliders are not moving.

When we try the jacks, we get clicking at the relay but not 12 volts at the motor side of the relay - we also rewired the jacks temporarily to the slider relay to see it it was the relay was the issue, but still only clicking occurs.

We now have everything wired back in original configuration. We have checked the fuses on the pump and the HWH unit and didn't find any blown. Chassis batteries are fully charged and putting out good voltage.

We don't know why the sliders won't move since the pump motor is now turning again and why only clicking with the jacks?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated since manual is not helping to pinpoint the trouble.
rkyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Have you tried resetting your parking brake? I know on ours when we park and I let the air out of the suspension, the next day I need to release and reset the parking brake for it to air up - you may have the parking brake switch interlock issue - that's all I got!
We have an 02 Ultimate Adventure
WinnebagoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Parking brake is fine.

Update:

We replaced the pump and the sliders work, BUT we still can't get the jacks to extend - we only get a click when the buttons are pushed. Touch pad lights up and good voltages were present on the touch pad pins. Also, the jack relay has a good 12 volt battery supply (relay is tested good), but the relay is not activated (no voltage present to activate coil) to start the motor like we get for the sliders.

Control box problem?

What should we test?
rkyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Try wiggling all the electrical connectors at the main hydraulic computer. might be that you have a loose connection in conjunction with the pump issue.
Please let us know how it works out.
Stan

Tags
slide