Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slideout Lock Water Drain Hole Cleaning

On my 2010 Journey 34Y wall slideout there are 2 slide locks and on the outside 2 drain holes. I had some water come inside after a heavy storm. Found out that you use a pipe cleaner to clean the exterior drain holes. How far in should the pipe cleaner go to know if you have cleaned the holes? Mine went in about 3 inches only, had some brown gunk on it when withdrawn BUT how do I know I did a good job?

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
bpcannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lock drains

About 2 inches is enough. Mine seemed open and I found that the sealer or caulk around the slide lock opening for the system on the outside on the slide was missing and the water came inside. I then cut the wall panel in the cabinet at the area where the lock was and caulked around the rectangular box that holds the lock. Mine was at the the front lock over the dinneet. I won't know if I fixed the problem until it rains hard and the wind blows the rain under the slide awning.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
About 2 inches is enough. Mine seemed open and I found that the sealer or caulk around the slide lock opening for the system on the outside on the slide was missing and the water came inside. I then cut the wall panel in the cabinet at the area where the lock was and caulked around the rectangular box that holds the lock. Mine was at the the front lock over the dinneet. I won't know if I fixed the problem until it rains hard and the wind blows the rain under the slide awning.
Thanks- good perspective for me.
I cleaned mine w the pipe cleaner and a couple shots of water and vinegar to get crud and stuff away. Survived a good solid downpour last night with no one Incoming water. I am going wait before I cut anything but take another look as caulking may be a good idea.

Brian
bpcannan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout, water