Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slideout leakage help 07 sightseer 35j

Hello my living room slide leaks bad in heavy rain it got returned to dealer they spent 2 hours water testing and found nothing I have since moved to Florida and every major rain left me stressed with towels keeping water out I know bring slide in every rain and have no issues. I have inspected seals and can't find anything except the top one inch of forward wiper seal has a tear. My gutter along roof line has a break in it right on top of slide also the awning holds a lot of water. anyone have any ideas to fix or should I take it to repair shop again? Thanks
whipskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

have you tried un-leveling the coach so the water runs away from the seal?
Old 07-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have not tried unleveling, it would probley help but I should not have to operate that way everyone I see leaves slides out all the time with no leaks I have asked around
Old 07-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have the same model and have never had a leak there. Have you ever changed the sealant between the roof and wall above the gutter?
cydonia-jacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

No I have not tried looking in that area. Is your gutter one piece along the whole length of RV?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You would be surprised at how much water can come through a small tear. If there is an atmospheric pressure differential a suction can be created that pulls water in to the lower pressure area. Also are the seals being uniform ally compressed around the opening when the slide is out? A slight unevenness can diminish seal effectiveness.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

When my slide is out the bulb seal on inside of coach that contacts the inside wall when slide is extended is not making contact at all on the forward bottom 12 inches of seal has a one inch gap this might be my problem trying to figure out a way to anchor it.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Where are you in Florida? In the Clermont Florida (Orlando) area there is a mobile tech name of Patrick Monahan that has been pretty good to me and very reasonable. You can reach him at 352-536-0385. He has at times saved me from running around for parts searching for fittings and such providing just what I needed from the back of his work truck at the right price too not padding things for a high profit margin.

Tags
leak, sightseer, slide, slideout