Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slideout adjustment

05" Winni Adventurer owner. One end of main slideout seems to have settled. Signs are: when closed slider has rubbed a notch in the top of the external trim of the sidewall, is starting to drag on carpet when opening.
There is/are a threaded bolt(s) with adjustment/lock nuts between the slider rail and floor frame.
Will adjustment of the nuts raise the slider without causing other issues?
A 1/4"+/- adjustment would seem to be enough.
Any knowledgeable feedback will be appreciated.
Thanx
simbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hope you get some good replys as I have been trying to get the slide on my 2004 Meridian adjusted since it was new, even after 2 trips to FC, without any results.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Suggest you check the condition of your slide bushings. If any are broken or worn on that side, it will drop. One end of my big slide was down about 1/4" until the slide bushings were replaced at the factory.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Have the same problem with my 03'. Looking for about 1/4 " myself. Have read numerous posts without getting satisfactory info so I will be following your request. One thing I did find out is that any type of adjustment made to lift the slide can result in the slope angle of the slide roof to change allowing water to seep back into the coach ceiling if not watched carefully. My slide pads are not broken or missing so I may try the adjustment you are talking about if I can insure my coach is absolutely level to start with. That way I can make sure the slide roof still has some slope away from the coach when fully extended.
beanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Simble
I also have an Adventurer. I removed my 13' slide out from the coach and replaced the slideout foot and ramp to accomidate vynal. Can you send me pics of where your slidout is rubbing and. If so I believe I can help you. [email protected]

Jbmsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbil View Post
05" Winni Adventurer owner. One end of main slideout seems to have settled. Signs are: when closed slider has rubbed a notch in the top of the external trim of the sidewall, is starting to drag on carpet when opening.
There is/are a threaded bolt(s) with adjustment/lock nuts between the slider rail and floor frame.
Will adjustment of the nuts raise the slider without causing other issues?
A 1/4"+/- adjustment would seem to be enough.
Any knowledgeable feedback will be appreciated.
Thanx
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I believe smlranger is correct in his assessment. I had a similar problem and I took it to HWH at Moscow and they replaced all the bushings on the big slide. They are known to crack and drop out. It is my understanding the replacements are an improved product.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

simbil

With input from others in Yuma park where we are staying, I adjusted a threaded stud that is between the slide bar and a frame under the slide floor after first slackening two bolts on a plate adjacent. Raised the slide a 1/4", tightened everything up, ran the slide a few times and accomplished the clearances in and out that was needed. Checked the wall seals and all seems snug and o.k.
Thanx to all who gave their input.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Sounds as if you have corrected your problem. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have an 03' with a similiar problem. Before I try your fix can you tell me if you have a "level floor" slide out or the type with a small step-up from MH floor to slide out floor ?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanjr View Post
Sounds as if you have corrected your problem. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have an 03' with a similiar problem. Before I try your fix can you tell me if you have a "level floor" slide out or the type with a small step-up from MH floor to slide out floor ?
Ours is a level floor slideout.
Good luck.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. My slideout sits on the coach floor when slid in. When slid out it never drops down. There is a small step up when extended.

Good luck and if I can help let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanjr View Post
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbil View Post
With input from others in Yuma park where we are staying, I adjusted a threaded stud that is between the slide bar and a frame under the slide floor after first slackening two bolts on a plate adjacent. Raised the slide a 1/4", tightened everything up, ran the slide a few times and accomplished the clearances in and out that was needed. Checked the wall seals and all seems snug and o.k.
Thanx to all who gave their input.
Hi Simbil,

I have the same problem. I think i've spotted the stud and the two bolts you mentioned. How did you raise the slide, jacking points etc.
Also, did you have the slide all the way out or in a little bit.

Many thanks

PS: did the fix hold ? or did you have the bushings done in the end.
Publin is offline   Reply With Quote