Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide won't move

Has anybody out there messed with the selenoids for the slides on an 04 Adventurer. Slid out the living room and thats all she wrote. Bedroom slide and jacks work fine, just livingroom won,t move. Checked the battery voltage, fuses, hydralic fluid level, and nothig looks to be in a bind. Pump runs fine but acts like a valve is stuck open.
Thinking about swaping bed room selenoid with livingroom selenoid to see if thats the prboblem. Wonderd if anybody has tried this before. have a call into HWH, but haven,t heard back yet. looking at selenoids not sure how these things come off.
Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.
Thanks Frank & Marilyn
Frank & Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have not even been able to FIND the controller for the main slide on this rig

However my main slide is a "Rack and Pinion" type (means there is a long toothed rail (The Rack) moved by a turning gear (Pinion)

Shears shear pins so fast I buy 'em by the dozen.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
RKL
Winnebago Owner

slide won't move

try jumping the in/out control switch....and]or running a 12v wire to the solonoids directly.......RKL
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have an '05 Adventurer and my large slide is hesitant sometimes to move out. Never have a problem with the "In" movement. I have the long screw type of actuater and I assume it is electric only. Is there any easy way to check if it is the switch or the motor/mechanism?
inspectorudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I am assuming the fuses you checked included the inline 20amp fuse for the lr solenoids.

I would also check the parking brake to ensure the safety interlock is ok.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Don't know what type of slide mechanism you have Frank, but we have the "Rack and Pinion" style. Our heavy side (kitchen) has two geared arms and the front shear bolt breaks quite often. I think we've tracked down the problem to an 'ovaled' hole in the outside square tube. We will rotate the tube 90 degrees and drill new holes as soon as we slow down and quit having so much darn fun!
AkTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I have had a solenoid failure and a broken hose at different times. Both caused all hydroglic function to stop. I would try to do the swap thing to see if you can get the slide to move in. If not well its time to call the mobile repair guy and get his help.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Steve, I think I,ve got it norrowed down to the swap thing your talking about. Did you swap the solenoids or the hoses.

thanks, Frank
Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Frank...I replaced them. Oil just flew out of them when I went to activate the system. My slide solenoid quit while I was in motion and the slide started to creep out at the bottom the lock kept the slide from coming out. Then a year or so latter, again while in motion, a hose blewout with a bang, failed at the fitting. This was to a different side of the RV and again the lock held the slide in place. Funny thing was the hose was really long, looped around and was held by lots plastic ties. RV tec said the hose was really too long for what was needed....but upon checking...a long hose was needed to balance the pressure when the system was activated. Weird.
Anyway I am thinking you have a bad solenoid.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
KIX
Winnebago Master

Frank, The solenoidhs unscrew after removing the wire connections. Be sure to relieve the pressure from the system before loosening the solenoid.

Several months ago HWH had solenoids on backorder. So be sure you have a replacement before disassembly. Also, send the old solenoid in to HWH for rebuild and keep as a spare.

Good luck.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your replies Steve & Kix. Swaped the hydralic hoses (bedroom to livingroom, livingroom to bedroom), bedroom still worked, but livingroom still would not retract. Cranked in room approximatly half way with manual retract bolts and finally got room to retract with hydralics, but moved very slowly and would not completely seal closed. Bedroom seems to be moving a lot slower than usual also, begining to think I might have a bad hydralic pump. Talking back and forth with HWH trying to narrow it down to the problem. Let you Know what I finally come up with.