Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide topper anti-furl arm

Good afternoon. I just replaced the main room slide topper. After retracting the slide, the topper rolls in perfectly even until the last 2 seconds. I cycled the slide a few times thinking the topper had to align itslef and then I noticed the anti-furl arm is contacting before the rear of the slide completely closes causing the rear of the topper to bunch up. I removed the anti-furl arm and retracted the slide with the topper being completely straight all the way in. Is it common practice to have to re-clock the anti-furl arm after installing a new topper? To re-clock, I will have to re-drill the holes for mounting of the arm on the roller. I did not see any adjustment of the receiving bracket of the arm. Thanks in advance for the help,
Christian
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

anti billowing devise on A & E awning

When I replaced my slide out toppers last summer I did have to relocate the arm just drilled new holes and used stainless screws.When closed they are at the 1 o clock position.or 11 o clock depending on what side your on.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Where did you get the replacement fabric for the topper? Mine are needing replaced and I thought I would do the job myyself.
Thanks,
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

slideout topper replacements

I ordered mine from "tough tops" got the dinenet/couch & bedroom slide for around $245.check out their web site or call Ray @ 480-773-2978.Very helpful and they were delivered in 5 days. good quality easy to install (step by step instructions)there is alot of spring tension on the rollers I used a rubber strap wrench to hold the tube from turning that way you have control.I installed the bedroom slide by myself but I had my son help me with the couch/dinenet slide 12'long.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks fun 33v, I'll give Ray a call.
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Flying W, you will have to relocate the arm, the fabrics are thicker and roll up at a different rate.
K.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Indiana journey, check ebay, I got mine for about 120 bucks. thicker fabric, and multilayer, looks to be good stuff.
K.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Ditto on Ebay. Ordered mine from shadeproinc. Got both slides for my Adventurer for $218 to my door. Also Googled Slide topper fabric replacement and found a Youtube video with step by step instructions.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide