Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We recently bought a 2005 Sightseer 29R and i noticed in the owners manual that there are 2 large cranks for the large slide and a ratchet type wrench with 2 smaller bars for the rear slide should they not operate. Upon looking i see the tools in mine for the rear slide is missing (the 2 long cranks are there for the large slide) my question is can a socket with a extention be used for this or do i need to find the original ratchet and 2 bars that are missing? I have not looked at the set up under the bed where the cranks are to see if a socket will work or not, If i need the original tools where can they be bought? Thanks Dave

Pensacola,Florida
schaller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We recently bought a 2005 Sightseer 29R and i noticed in the owners manual that there are 2 large cranks for the large slide and a ratchet type wrench with 2 smaller bars for the rear slide should they not operate. Upon looking i see the tools in mine for the rear slide is missing (the 2 long cranks are there for the large slide) my question is can a socket with a extention be used for this or do i need to find the original ratchet and 2 bars that are missing? I have not looked at the set up under the bed where the cranks are to see if a socket will work or not, If i need the original tools where can they be bought? Thanks Dave

Pensacola,Florida
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Mine were in the "black bag" along with all the manuals etc. Did you check there?

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We checked every where but those were no where to be found.

Pensacola,Florida
Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I just went out to my tool box in a storage bay and checked my kit.
It consists of a ratcheting head wrench and two rods with pins through. One rod has a hex head that fits a 9/16 wrench and the other end is slotted and has a 1/2 inch hole in it. The other rod has one end that fits into the first rod and one end that has a pin and 1/2 inch hole.
It looks like a tool set specific to the KwiKee slide.
A picture is below:

The pencil is to provide scale.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

That is exactly what is pictured in my manual but nowhere to be found in the motor home Any ideas of where we might get the set? Thanks

Pensacola,Florida
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schaller56:
That is exactly what is pictured in my manual but nowhere to be found in the motor home Any ideas of where we might get the set? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would call Winnebago customer service and get the part number for the kit. I suspect they will want you to buy it through a dealer.
If you don't have one close by you the dealer there in Forest City - Lichtsinn Motors HERE - can order it and send it to you.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks we'll give that a try.

Pensacola,Florida