Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
stearn, the engine battery is what runs the hwh pump. it does not use the house batteries unless someone changed the factory connections. this is for all hwh systems.
starting the engine supplies full power to the engine battery. the pump motor takes 105 amps to start moving. download a service manual from hwh website. it has good diagnostic info. please feel free to call me 602-549-3638. i do work for hwh and live in arizona.
thanks, paul maddox
i do not sell parts or solicit service on this forum.
Sorry, must not have relayed properly I was told engine battery.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

True on chassis battery running jacks, slides and also steps at least our manual indicates that.

I guess Winnie finally added chassis charging to its newer coaches but not ours so I added trl charge. Rvupgrades.com had them for $30. They were great to work with as I did have some issues with first one-status lights didnt work. They arranged for new one shipped from manufacturer and all is fine now. Inverter/charger now keeps all batteries up
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerjump View Post
True on chassis battery running jacks, slides and also steps at least our manual indicates that.

I guess Winnie finally added chassis charging to its newer coaches but not ours so I added trl charge. Rvupgrades.com had them for $30. They were great to work with as I did have some issues with first one-status lights didnt work. They arranged for new one shipped from manufacturer and all is fine now. Inverter/charger now keeps all batteries up
Yes, I use the trickle charger, if i'm staying over a week in one place.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide