Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Was reading on another forum about a Holiday Rambler whose slideout came out while on the highway! Responses from other have stated that they too have had the same thing happen to them!

The stupid part is everyone agreed to make sure your slides are locked in before traveling - got to go read my manual because I don't recall having any slide locks??? or are they automatic????

I had a lock in my previous rig but again - not sure about the Itasca.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Was reading on another forum about a Holiday Rambler whose slideout came out while on the highway! Responses from other have stated that they too have had the same thing happen to them!

The stupid part is everyone agreed to make sure your slides are locked in before traveling - got to go read my manual because I don't recall having any slide locks??? or are they automatic????

I had a lock in my previous rig but again - not sure about the Itasca.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebagos do not have slide locks (at least I have not seen any with them). The hydraulics is what holds/locks them in.
Some have a small strap that hooks to the living room slide and the floor to keep the top of the slide from tipping out a little on sharp right turns. The strap is in no way a "slide lock".
I think I used mine once and put it in the pocket behind the front seat ever since.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

That's funny Tom, I have a 2007 Suncruiser and have a manual lock for the living room slide out but not for the bedroom.

The lock switch is right next to the slide out open and close switch. They are both toggle switches.

You can check out a picture of it in the Suncruiser 2007 literature page 5 where it shows the dash. The two horizontal switches are the ones I'm talking about.

Could be you missed them? The lock is a hook that secures the top of the slide on the inside.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Tom - you are right - had senior moment there...boy I hate it when that happens....LOL

Can't imagine a slide coming out while driving though - that would literally scare me to death!

Lost my awning once in my previous coach, passing a truck on the Ohio Turnpike - that was fun too...just after my heart transplant and had to climb the ladder and put 60mph tape on the pieces that were left. Very shakey for the old guy.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Tom;

You did not state if your slide out is HWH? If it is HWH call them at 800-321-3494. It sounds as if you have a bad pump solenoid. They are extremely user friendly.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have had the front slide work it's way out about a inch when I saw it in the mirrow. I had a leaking ram on the back slide at that time. That should not have made a problem to the front slide. I just had the rear ram replaced and on my trip to GNR I will be watching. For me I have had just about every problem with my hydralic that you can think of. It started out in 04 when I purchased the coach new and not stopped.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
Tom;

You did not state if your slide out is HWH? If it is HWH call them at 800-321-3494. It sounds as if you have a bad pump solenoid. They are extremely user friendly.

Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Petro - it wasn't me that had the accident -it was some lady with a Holiday Rambler on another forum. Sorry for the the misunderstanding.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Our 2007 Adventurer slides creep out when the unit is in storage for awhile, which is likely low fluid or a solenoid, which we had on the previous model. Will have it chcked when we get to Forest City in two weeks.

Lael Taft