Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide-out problem

My 1996 Adventurer slide won't work. I have check and replaced all fuses. Still nothing.

Also the jacks won't work either.
NomadicMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had the exact same problem with a '99 Itasca. I found a fuse at the pump motor that had been eaten away by road salt. It was in a rubber holder with a cap on it but the wet junk on the road penetrated it. The pump was located behind the right rear wheels. I imagine yours my be in the same location. If not do look for a fuse around the pump and reservoir.
Ret Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Slide problem

Thanks. I will look for the fuse.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #4
ADA
Winnebago Camper

I recently had HWH slides and jacks that failed to work causing much frustration and lost time on our current trip. Part of the HWH recommended diagnosis was to check the computer board fuses and all appeared visually OK. After a second failure, I decided to measure each fuse and one measured a very high resistance (almost an open circuit). After replacement everything has worked for several weeks. This fuse was intermittent, perhaps due to vibration or temperature sensitivity.

The lesson learned is fuses are inexpensive. Change them on the board if you suspect they might be a problem. Don't rely on a visual inspection.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Slideout pump

Sorry for the late reply. Ret Smokey you mentioned the fuse by the pump behind the right rear wheel. I don't see anything there. Where else should I be looking for the fuse. I am getting frustrated with the slide and the jacks not working. Is there any place I can find a manual for the system to help locate the fuse?
Old 03-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Don't take this the wrong way. I have forgotton this more than once...

On my rig, the parking brake must be on for either slides or jacks to work. If your parking brake is on, and still no action, then maybe the little switch that tells the slides and the jacks that the brake is on is broken.

It's suspicious to me when both things go out, that it is that brake switch.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I'm at a loss if there is no fuse at the pump. When I had the problem and found the fuse my immediate thought was that it was a poor location for the fuse. It was not in a fuse holder, rather just hanging there by the wires.

As Dan says it may be in the parking brake switch as I have tried to drop the jacks without the parking brake on and no operation of the pump occurred for either jacks or slides.
Ret Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide