Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Slide Out Nylon Supports (Repost)

am reposting my original photos and description (10-22-08) of my replacement of the Nylon Slideout Guides. The forum will not let me edit in new photos. I recently found the photos backed up on an external HD. It has been a long time since I did this and we no longer own the coach.

I have been having some problems with my slideout nylon supports. They seem to crack and break off. Winnebago replaced some of them when we were at the factory. I called HWH and they said they had a new style that might work better. They sent replacements. The new ones are black versus the white original nylon pads. I took some photos while I did the replacement. I replaced 8 nylon pads. My coach has 2 large slides with 2 main supports fore and aft on each slide. Each lower support has 2 nylon guides. I think the 2008 models have a solid guide which would probably eliminate this problem.

Here is an image of the parts that are failing.

My left slide has a backing plate that needs to be removed to access the upper nylon support. Removing the 4, 1/4 inch bolts and nuts was fairly easy.

Once the backing plate was removed I removed the 5/16th inch bolt which allowed the nylon bushings to be removed.

Once the upper nylon bushings are removed the slide support can be jacked up to allow access to remove the lower (problem) bushings.

After the slide support is jacked up about 3/4 of an inch the lower nylon bushings can be popped out using a small pick.

It is a little hard to see but this image shows the new black nylon bushings installed.

After this everything goes back together as it was removed.

I used a small bottle jack and a modified hand rail 4x4 to lift the slide support.

I did not dream this method up but it was given to me by Winnebago and HWH although neither would put it in writing.

Here is a picture of the broken nylon bushings and the new bushings supplied by HWH.

All of the photos can be seen HERE

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 2001 has started to sag in the front which I attribute in part to the original owner removing the left front mud flap which would have prevented road dirt/grit from getting thrown into the area of the glides.

Was looking for these pics before getting into this.

Thanks for reposting them.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Jim

A little info on the MH Please.
Make and Model, did it have the standard slides or the Level floor slides?

Thanks great write-up
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Jim,
Were have you been. I thought I lost you?? You fixed my 08 Vectra with this post. I now own a new one but have not seen any post from you?? I am at GNR in Forest City?? Are you still towing with the trailer??
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

great write up, thank you
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Jim

A little info on the MH Please.
Make and Model, did it have the standard slides or the Level floor slides?

Thanks great write-up
This was on a 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD, 2 slide out front kitchen.

I should add that I posted this write up years ago and the photos attached to it were lost as I changed photo hosting sites. I have had many requests for the photos so i recently found them and posted them again.

Our Webpage
Old 07-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Jim,
Were have you been. I thought I lost you?? You fixed my 08 Vectra with this post. I now own a new one but have not seen any post from you?? I am at GNR in Forest City?? Are you still towing with the trailer??
>> Dennis

We are 5th wheel owners currently on Sanibel Island, Florida waiting to be kicked out by a hurricane We gave up the desert ATV'ing for the Florida boating life. Check out our web page for recent photos! jimandsusan.com

Our Webpage

Tags
slide, slide out