Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Slide out nylon supports

Called HWH to order slide out supports, they want the AP# off the slide. I have looked for the number, but can't seem to find it. Any ideas where to look?
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD Would Winnebago be able to tell me anything?
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

watching
Old 03-30-2016, 05:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My guess is yes they would be able to tell you. I've called before, gave them the serial number, and they seemed to be able to tell me anything I wanted to know. Good luck!
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Another option is to call the parts department at Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, IA. Give them your coach serial # and they can usually get any part that was used on the coach. They are one mile from the factory. I used them for all my Winnebago-specific parts when I had a Bago.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

found it

I found the Ap number, it was in a spot where I had to use a mirror to see it. My answer from Winnebago was to go to a dealer. My experience with service at a dealer is to redo most of the repairs when I get it home. I ordered all the parts and will post how I changed the supports on the slide.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On an unrelated note, our '04 Vectra has a problem with the air brakes. When driving, the air pressure gauges will drop every 60 seconds from 125psi to 100psi. Then the air pressure will build back up, purge, repeat. We had the air dryer and purge valve replaced recently. At the time, every 30 seconds, at idle/stopped/parked, the air would purge, but, air pressure in tanks would stay at 125psi.

So, previous problem with air pressure while in 'park' was fixed. Now, with brakes not in park, air pressure in tanks drop. grrrrr! A leak somewhere? Brakes do work fine while driving.
Grenadiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Drain

Do you ever manually drain your tanks with the cables by the front wheel on the passenger side. I never get any moisture, but I pull the cables whenever I think about it. Do you do an air brake test, there is a procedure in our book?

Tags
slide, slide out