Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide Out not in sync

I have 2012 Itasca Meridian 34Y with full length driver side slide out. It's Kwikee Power Gear FLS/RPE DigiSync system. The slide is working OK but there is about a 2 inch delay from one end to the other. I am getting a 7 red, 1 green error message. Is there a way to re-sync through the electric control or is this a mechanical fix?
Old 10-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Generally you can resync by extending it and holding the control for another 3-5 seconds when it reaches its stop. Go back and forth a few times always holding the control until the electronics sense both motors have reached their limit. This lets the other motor pull it in or out and resync.

If that won’t get the motors synced then it probably is a mechanical problem, maybe alignment.

FWIW full length slides are probably beyond the capabilities of the motor/gear mechanism and will fail over time. Vroom is an outfit in Phoenix that offers much sturdier slide mechanisms particularly for full length slides. Read Judge's account of replacing his slide components here: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...v34-28659.html

David
Old 10-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply, David. I'm quite familiar with Schwintek system that was discussed in Judge's thread. I had that system on my previous Thor product with full length slide out and went through 2 motors in one year. I don't think that system should be installed on such a large slide-out. I coincidentally read about the Zroom thing last week and found it very interesting. The system on my Meridian is underneath the floor and seems to be more heavy duty design.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

On my 2010 you can put the system into manual mode by pushing a button on the read and bottom of the control panel. I think you hold it until all the lights flash and then the 'In' and 'Out' independently control the extension of the left and right side of the slide out.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

meyyet, what do you mean "button on the read"?
Old 10-20-2021, 09:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, that should be button on the right.

Unscrew the control panel so you can get to the back of it. There was a button on the bottom right that when pressed and held for a few seconds will change the control panel to allow each side of the slide out to operate individually. I found this information in the Slide out control manual within the Winnebago Supplemental manual. That had the error codes listed as well.

My problem was that I had extended the slide while not level and it was thrown at of whack.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Eric. I had seen the method you mentioned in my manual also but was a little confused. I thought the override modes were only to use if the slide failed to retract. With your assistance I was able to get both ends to start and stop at the same time. I bought this coach in June from the original owner. He took pretty good care of it but there's always something that needs attention and always something to learn. The two screws that attached the slide control to the thin plywood panel were loose as the hole in the plywood was stripped. Looks like this is not the first time that control has been removed! I was hoping to get a 2010 for the basement AC and absence of DEF but ended up with this 2011. I really like it. So much nicer than the 2018 32' Class C that I had....
Old 10-24-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Bluecal
I have a Journey 34y. I bought it from second owner, and obviously they had slide malfunctions. The screw holes in paneling were stripped out. I have a friend with a plasma cutter. He cut a thin piece of metal, the size of the OD of control. Then cutout for control to fit in. Placed control over plate drilled the two small holes and used screws to tap holes. I then put thin layer of adhesive on back of plate, plugged control back in and aligned new plate with existing hole in paneling. Now control can be removed without concern.

Tags
slide, slide out