Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I'm having an intermittant "failure to extend" problem with both slides on my 04, 33v Bago. It isn't mechanical, not sticking, just no response when the switch is activated. Try it again, and it may, or may not work.. Parking brake is set. HWH gave me somethings to check, but being intermitant, its hard to know its solved. One clue, they will deploy when the jacks are being lowered. I have 1 solenoid,( jacks and slides) and as the jacks work, according to HWH that rules that out. I know intermitant elec. things are tough to diagnose, but I was hoping someone had experienced this, and SOLVED it.. Thanks, rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm having an intermittant "failure to extend" problem with both slides on my 04, 33v Bago. It isn't mechanical, not sticking, just no response when the switch is activated. Try it again, and it may, or may not work.. Parking brake is set. HWH gave me somethings to check, but being intermitant, its hard to know its solved. One clue, they will deploy when the jacks are being lowered. I have 1 solenoid,( jacks and slides) and as the jacks work, according to HWH that rules that out. I know intermitant elec. things are tough to diagnose, but I was hoping someone had experienced this, and SOLVED it.. Thanks, rgr...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This thread may be of interest

Contrary Slide Thread
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In a similar scenario, (different mfg.) we traced it to an intermittent lockout relay in the park brake sensor circuit.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We had intermittent problems with the LR slide on our '06 Adventurer 33v. Thought it was bad wiring, since messing with that solved it. Then on our last trip the BR slide simply stopped moving during retract. The LR slide would not budge, jacks would not move. Had power in & out of hydraulic pump, so they replaced the pump motor. That fixed the BR slide, but the LR still won't go. HWH says it's the in & out solenoids (tech disagrees but has to try what HWH says next).
We'll see if that solves the problem when they finally get the part (took almost 10 days) from HWH.
raskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem with the bedroom slide on my 2003 Suncruiser 35U. I found that by having the engine running while the jack & slides were activated it seemed to solve the problem, perhaps a voltage issue.
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had slide/jack deployment issues on a 2003 WB Adventurer with the Workhorse Chassis. There is a safety interlock micro switch on the parking brake pedal, which prevents the slides/jacks from deploying if the P brake is not on.

Sometimes the micro switch would not activate (close and complete the circuit by making a ground) correctly, even though the pedal was depressed properly. I replaced the switch and it worked okay for a while, then acted up again.

Sometimes I could get it to activate (ground) properly if I used a little side pressure as I pushed the pedal down. Once and a while, even that wouldn't work so I used a little jumper wire from the ground side of the switch to any good ground under the dash, that always worked.

The switch cost around $8 from WH and has one screw holding it to the P brake pedal, a 3 minute fix. So try the jumper wire first, before you do anything.

However, if you have a Ford chassis, I don't know if there is a switch on the P brake, but it's worth a look.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
gMw
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar intermittent problem with the bedroom slide on my Journey. I replace the bedroom slide switch, same intermittent problem persisted. Checking voltages, I found the voltage at the bedroom switch was below 11 volts, even though the battery voltage was 12+.

Figuring it was a voltage problem, as at the time there weren't any other problems, I added a relay to the circuit. Now the Bedroom switch turns on relay, the relay engages the motor solenoid. I did this modification in May, haven't had an issue since (least wise not with the switches).

But I did have an unrelated pump failure, but that's another story/post.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the replys folks. I have a different situation than what is covered here. However, each reply contained information that is good to have. My slides are currently working, and when i get back to Tucson I'll dig further. Right now I'm thinking it is a bogus connection somewhere. I have loosened and sprayed (with tuner cleaner) all the connections I could find, so we will see.. Thanks again..rgr...