Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide out motor sync

Hello forum... I'm having an issue with the long (15') slide passenger side on my 2016 Vista LX 27N. The slide extends all the way but at the end of travel the aft motor runs a few seconds after the forward motor stops. On retracting the slide the slide comes in about 4 inches and jams with a slight "askew". I have tried the motor sync procedure in the OM but still have the issue. After a few tries (out then in to the jam then out again) it retracts fully. I am level and engine running. I've had a suggestion that maybe my chassis batteries may be at life end and even though they charge to 12+ v the cranking amps may not be there under load and the controller cannot keep the motors in sync? Any help appreciated as I am on the road mid journey.
flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hey - is this a swhwintek ? , there's a reset procedure on the controller, did you do that one ?

Did you check the bottom rollers/path ? to make sure nothing like a rock or piece of wire is blocking a roller, you may have to peek through the seals outside
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #3
Site Team

The slide controller has some led lights that flash green/red and this shows the error code for issues. Have you looked at that yet?

The best advice I can give is to call Lippert and discuss this with them. It will help to know which style of mechanism you have. Schwintec, Thin-Rail, Under-Floor, Thru-Frame, etc. these are all sold by Lippert.

Do a Google search for Lippert RV Slides to find examples at the company website and support info.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have tried all the suggested sync procedures both from Lippert and Winnebago with no success to retract the slide. After many attempts and just before roadside assistance was to be called the slide somehow retracted. And there it will stay. Next stop ... Winnebago factory service in Junction City Oregon which luckily is a couple of hours from my route.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Good choice. I was going to suggest a factory visit but noted you were a long way from Iowa.

Hey, report back what's going on at Junction City. We haven't heard much at it since the factory effort shut down.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Will do.... was there last year getting a leaky and corroded basement compartment repaired. They did an amazing job all in one day and the cost $1600 was goodwilled.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

would like to know the results as well. Also, do you have the thin rail system?
Park Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We had the same problem with our 2014 Suncruiser 32H. We would get it synced and then next trip the same problem. We were really concerned and afraid to travel because sometime the slide would get stuck out at one end and we were concerned it would just roll out while moving.After paying for repairs that did not last we contacted Winnebago and they told us if we were willing to come to the factory they would fix it for free. It was a long trip, about 800+ miles but we decided to go. They removed the slide and replaced the motors and tracks with beefier stuff. They also fixed several other things like drawer slides for free. They did all of this in 1 day and also paid for a hotel room while they had the coach. Personally, it was worth the trip and I was so impressed that they did this outside of the warranty period. If you plan on keeping the coach I would encourage you to contact them.
cdrprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Got to the Winnebago / Country Coach factory service center in Junction City Oregon last Monday at 9 am. I was greeted by the shop manager Eric W who signed me in. An hour later the tech Steve G informed me they found the problem in that it was the aft motor which had signs of corrosion at the terminals and was not communicating with the controller. A wait for the extended warranty to be approved then the installation of the new motor and was on my way just after lunch. OUTSTANDING service and high marks to Eric and Steve!! Great facility with comfortable lounge to wait.

In the pic new motor on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0845.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	173002  

Tags
slide, slide out