Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Slide moves out a bit than stops. Move in than ...

When I push the OUT switch the slide moves out a bit than stops. If I move it in a bit than push out again it moves some amount. After doing this four or five times it’s completly out.

Coming in is easy. Push in and it comes in. Batteries are new and fully charged and the engine is running. Unit is level.

I just looked at the slides and the Teflon parts are good and the metal surfaces are in good shape. The time between pushes of the switch is momentary. No time for a usable link to reset.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks in advance
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Slide out tools

I’ve also learned that I need two different sets of tools to manually move the slides. I have two long rods for the front slide but I’m missing the three pieces for the rear slide. I can’t find anything on eBay.

Any suggestions on where to buy a used set? I could make them pretty easily but I’m running out of time:(

Thanks
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My ERA slideout had almost the same symptoms, it would go out well, but took 5 or 6 start/stop cycles to pull in.

The "fuse holder" (RV speak for an inline fuse, for some reason) was almost popped, and when it overheated it would cause the slideout to stop.

The fuse got replaced (it's hidden in a place where the slideout must be extended to get to) and it's worked fine.

My next plan is to replace the fuse with an inline breaker in a place where it can be reached from inside the cab.
bigfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
Site Team

I have to push/pull our slide to go in and out. There are different types of mechanisms so not all made or work the same. I have the same symptoms as you describe and sometimes have to reset the slides to work. I've even installed a switch that I can reset right above my controls (*normally on the back).
I am going to the LCI (Lippert Components) factory for service this summer to see if they can fix it for good (We've just lived with it this way for 2 years). Not sure that will help you with your issue but I may be able to help in the future.

It takes us both to get the slide in and out (because my arm doesn't reach the button and the wall at the same time.

We have a Power Gear FLS/RPE DigiSync room slide system.

Tags
slide