Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide lock not working

2007 Journey DP
Slide safety lock stopped working I get nothing when pushing the toggle switch on dash .Any thoughts?
Just spent 4 months in Fla.by the water. Possibly corrosion?
sdrtile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The slide lock on our full wall slide quite working. Instead of a resounding clunk all we heard was a slight buzzing noise. Called Winne customer support. They said the teeth get slightly out of alignment occasionally. They had me hold down on the unlock for several seconds and then hold down on the lock button. Heard a familiar clunk. All is working well now. Worth a try.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrtile View Post
2007 Journey DP
Slide safety lock stopped working I get nothing when pushing the toggle switch on dash .Any thoughts?
Just spent 4 months in Fla.by the water. Possibly corrosion?
Thanks I'll give it a try but I don't even hear a buzzing I kind of get nothing thanks bv
Old 05-10-2018, 11:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Read your post with casual interest. Filed BVThunder's suggestion in the good to know file.

Then, darn if we did not get your exact symptoms when leaving Admiral Baker Field, San Diego yesterday.

We get no "buzzing", reset is not happening. Now looking for fuse, checking wiring and trying to find the locking mechanism.

Interested in any developments you may have turned up.
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Vectra, had same problem. fixed in forest city.
jack thurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On our 2007 Adventurer we had a slide lock only on the big drivers side slide with the couch and dinette. We used it when we first got the coach and never bothered after that to be honest. Slide never budged during travel. I was curious to see what exactly it did so I removed the plastic cover in the cabinet above the couch. All it was is a kind of hook that rotates up against the inside wall right above the slide. Hardly what I would call a lock.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
typerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hey oldchina, I never did anything about it but I did drive 3000 Miles without it on it doesn't seem to be a factor and lo and behold last week I touched it and it started working again I'm afraid to lock it due to the fact that I might not be able to get it to unlock my thought was to take apart the box and look for a loose wire or a coroded wire let me know if you get any results from your investigating good luck
Old 05-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks typerr & sdrtile. We are remote now but came into town for grits a little wifi.

Traced the wiring diagram. Found the circuit breaker in panel above generator. Opened the plastic cover over the lock, looks clean, new. Laid a multimeter over the two limit switches and actuator solenoid. Visual check of wiring under dash leading to rocker switch. All good.

Thanks to junk food with free wifi, we ordered a a new rocker switch. My best guess at this point. Will be home before us. Going back to the rig in a few and removing a little used rocker switch from something to test my theory. (Well yes, we did order two in case I am true to form and break one)(and yes, I can touch the two switch wires to test theory, but want replacement in hand first. We are already headed home with outside molding held on with Gorilla tape. That's enough baling wire and bubblegum for one trip.)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey Oldchina,Could you let us know if it ends up being the rocker switch. And how to get the switch off to replace. Thanks
Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

sdrtile. The culprit was the dash rocker switch.

Most switches have plastic prongs that compress as you press the switch into the opening, then spring out to hold the switch in place. Getting them out can be a bear unless you can get behind the dash, panel or whatever and compress the plastic prongs so the switch can be pushed or pried out.

The wires are attached by simple flat bayonet fittings, slide on, slide off.

Worked out to be a simple, cheap fix. But time consuming. Electrical chasing is always a coin toss -- do I start at the load and work back, or start at the source and work toward the load?

Fair Winds and Following Seas!
Old 05-20-2018, 05:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Oldchina
I'llhave to order one

Tags
slide