Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2021, 08:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Lock Leaks- Long Term Fix? Retrofit?

Good Day All- I have repeatedly researched this topic on this great site but haven't seen comments regarding long term correction of the kinked (occurred during assembly) weep tubing mentioned in some older posts. Of the three locks on my current coach, two, have this problem. If you measure the penetration of the pipe cleaner (used for cleaning weep drains from the outside) it's clear the pipe cleaner only extends to the kink and stops. I can only imagine the debris accumulated in the lock box. That said, cleaning weep holes seems fruitless. I get them all working then they plug again. Two questions for the Team:
1. Has anyone found any detailed assembly drawings on these assemblies? Can you share?

2. Has anyone ever heard of Winnie ever (doing the right thing for the customer) and providing guidance or a retrofit for this problem?

Many Thanks to all- Be well.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37f and have no such issues with mine. What is your model and year?
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

08 Tour. The problem has been wide spread across Winnie models. Quite a bit of info. on this site actually if you want to look at the issues.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I've seen issues with the locks malfunctioning and snapping the screw shafts, that was corrected with a torque washer but haven't read of any weep hole issues. Do you have slide toppers? EDIT: Every search that I do on "weep holes" comes back about window weep hole noise.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, slide