Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide Droops

My street side slide will not stay fully retracted when the coach is in storage. After a day or three, the bottom of the slide gradually extends while the lock seems to hold the top ok. I find the bottom, of the slide about 3/4 to 1 inch extended or drooping.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks

The IrishRover
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Since you are posting on the Winnie forum, can I assume that you have hydralic HWH slides?

If so, I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the solenoid valve used to Extend that slide. It was leaking by slowing (if you stood there and listened after closing the slide, you could hear a tick-tick-tick of the mechanism slowing creeping outward)

Locate the valve, they all have a plasticized label, remove it and re-insert it. Might just be a bit of dirt on the valve seat. If not, get a new one and replace it. They ain't cheap....

Not a bad idea to have a spare solenoid valve onboard anyway. Keep the old one...

Note it will only creep out a few inches till the manifold pressure drops.
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Agree with the previous post. If you have the HWH hydraulic system, a slide creeping out usually means the extend solenoid is failing.

In addition to taking that solenoid out and resinstallaling (hoping to dislodge any debris), make sure you hold the switch an extra few seconds after the slide has fully retracted. Any air trapped in the fluid can cause slide creep. Cycle the slide in-out a few times then hold the switch down for 3 - 5 seconds after the slide is closed.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hey Irishrover, welcome to the forum.

I noticed from your other post that you also have the '07 38T, same as us. Would be happy to share experiences if you want to PM sometime.

Had our 3 1/2 yrs now.

Also noticed you were in Ormond Beach...one of our favorite places. Had a quick weeklong 'get away from the cold up north' trip down there in late Jan. Convenient to watch quals at Daytona and the Rolex 24hr race. Great Thai food at the place right near the Outback...

safe travels
jack n robin
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Jack,

I located the hydraulic valve assembly (my description) which has 8 solenoids attached. They are packed in there so tight that I cannot see any labels on them. I gather the 4 in a row on one side are for the jacks and the other two pairs are for the slides. Guess I could open a fuse to each of these to see the effects. BUt my real query is how are these removed from that valve assembly? Are they screwed into that block? Is there hydraulic pressure inside that may leak out? Etc?

Where can replacement parts be ordered?

Thanks for your assistance!

IrishRover
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The solenoids with the T-Handles are the jacks if yours have that model and the smaller ones are the slides. The solenoids all have a little nut on the end and you can find the right one by turning the nut a 1/4 turn but do not turn more than a complete turn. When tightening back the nut DO NOT over tighten because can ruin a good valve very quickly just finger snug with a wrench. Yes there will be some pressure when you unscrew the proper valve so have a rag under and over the valve to catch a little oil but when you find the right valve before unscrewing it release the pressure with the nut on the end a full turn. Lichtsinn Motors on this site should have your parts if you call and talk to Dave or Lonnie if they do not they will know the status of the parts you need.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

All the solenoids are the same type on mine. No T handles.

jack