Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
sip
Winnebago Camper

Slide Awnings

I have a 2008 Journey, does Winnabago have any type of locking devise for the slide awning to keep it from bellowing out in a side wind?
sip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

As far as I know, from experience, there is a small bracket that is installed at the corner where the small arm is located on the end of the awning to keep it from blowing out. An experienced awning installer can install one for you, that's what I did. Very inexpensive.

Good luck,
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I thought all of the 2008 coaches had the arms installed.... My 07 does.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

doesn't it have the Metal cover? Does that prevent the billowing?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you've got the decorative wrappers on the awnings, you don't need a stop. The wrappers provide that service. If not, then you should have an arm on the front of the awning that when the slide is in will strike a stop plate if the wind tries to lift the awning material. It is designed to miss the stop plate as the slide extends or retracts.
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We just had the main slide topper billow open on our trip from SoCal to Las Vegas. We have a 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J. We had a mobil rv service guy come by and he said we were missing the anti billowing device that should have been installed on the slide. We purchased the device at Camping World today $20, and my husband installed it. The screw holes were there in the right place, but no device was ever installed on our rig. I checked some photos I had taken right after purchase, and sure enough, no anti billow device on the driver side, main slide.
boxfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
sip
Winnebago Camper

Thank you to all. Boxfeet I looked at Camping world catalog and didn't see one. I did how ever go back to the internet and saw an add from (Loess Hills Inovations out of Council Bluffs IA) and a picture of a pin divice. Is that the unit you bought? They say they have 8 different adapters.
sip is offline   Reply With Quote