Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide and Jacks not working

We have a 2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38G, we have the bedroom slide out, when I went to retract it , only moved in about 5" and stopped. now neither slide will work and the jacks will not extend.
Do the engine battery run the slides and jacks? my engine battery is 5 years old, and I was planning on replacing next spring, because we will put the coach in storage the end of this month.
I put a charger on the battery, the volts show 13.4.
I also tried to run the engine while operating the slide and that did not help.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Herb
herbertgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hello Herb, my guess would be to look for a fuse that controls the leveling / slide system.
Look at the owners manual for the system that you have (HWH?).
There should also be a technical support number that you can call.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Do any of the lights illuminate on the control pad ?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

yes the green light is on
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You did not state if the motor on the system was making any noise. If not, check the fuses. also is the emergency brake fully on? I always run the engine when activating those systems as they use a ton of power!

Lacking the answer being found outherwise, call HWH - if they are the manufacturer for your slides/jacks. they are verry helpful!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Herb;

I had a problem like yours. I put a voltmeter on the motor battery post and found I had voltage to the motor do I assumed the motor was shot. I ordered a new one and after installing it everything worked normal. I now carry a spare motor.

Let us know what you find and good luck;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I had also a problem with my jack (HWH).
I could ear a click noise from the solenoid that activate the pump and I changed it. No results.
With help of HWH technical support, I found that it was a 5A fuse that was defective.
Probably my fault. I was too anxious to operate the jacks and was pushing the "on" button too often.
It takes about 30 seconds and more to start working. One has to be patient sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurier View Post
I had also a problem with my jack (HWH).
I could ear a click noise from the solenoid that activate the pump and I changed it. No results.
With help of HWH technical support, I found that it was a 5A fuse that was defective.
Probably my fault. I was too anxious to operate the jacks and was pushing the "on" button too often.
It takes about 30 seconds and more to start working. One has to be patient sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the idea's. I did find the problem, after checking the fuses and motors, it was my chassie battery. It checked out at 13.3 volts, but with the cold weather we are having must of been just old enough to not have the power. I ran the engine, but it still didn't help. a new battery did the trick
Thanks again I do appreciate the information
Herb

Tags
jacks, slide