Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just back from Denver and had two issues with our 2005 35A Suncruiser. Rear TV failed (found a thread on how to remove... good), and had what appears to be a single leveling jack failure (passenger side rear). Stopping for the night on the way home, it wouldn't go down at all. Not sure if it's related but while in Denver, I suffered brain fade, and left the fresh water fill going and over filled the fresh water tank (big time....). Came out of the MH and saw water pouring out of the bottom and a big puddle. Shut things off, and just wrote it off as a "senior moment". Did a quick search this morning but didn't find a related thread. Does anyone have a thought? Thanks in advance. Regards,
Old 09-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just back from Denver and had two issues with our 2005 35A Suncruiser. Rear TV failed (found a thread on how to remove... good), and had what appears to be a single leveling jack failure (passenger side rear). Stopping for the night on the way home, it wouldn't go down at all. Not sure if it's related but while in Denver, I suffered brain fade, and left the fresh water fill going and over filled the fresh water tank (big time....). Came out of the MH and saw water pouring out of the bottom and a big puddle. Shut things off, and just wrote it off as a "senior moment". Did a quick search this morning but didn't find a related thread. Does anyone have a thought? Thanks in advance. Regards,
Old 09-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Give HWH a call today and see what they have to say. I haven't had to do any troubleshooting on my HWH system (other than knowing how to adjust the level sensors on our automatic system.)

I believe each jack has a solenoid to control the up and down. Maybe Gary (smlranger) will chime in - he is one of our forum HWH experts

Oh yes - I (and also the DW) have overfilled the water tank and caused quite a mess. Water leaked into the basement and we had a lot of water to dry up. We rarely fill the tank completely, but when we do I now open up the gravity fill door (just like the manual recommends!)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The water was coming out of the overflow, which is normal, and should not have anything to do with the jack not operating. I would first check all connections. Happy hunting.

2004 Meridian 34H
Fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Single jack failure could be an easy fix if you are inclined to repair the MH yourself. First of all call HWH if they are the leveling system on your coach HWH is most helpful. First quess is a valve on that jack has quit working, could be wiring issues or controller problem. Again HWH is the very best place to start 800-321-3494 and they will help you diagnose the problem. Warranty for HWH is 3 years I believe.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I am certainly not an expert on the HWH system but I have spent some time trouble-shooting my system....a fair amount of hydraulic fluid in my armpits .

Certainly could be one of the jack solenoids. Agree with the suggestion to call HWH and wait for a call back....ask for Steve...he is very helpful troubleshooting.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Late in August we had a failure of our LF jack - it wouldn't extend. It just happened out of the blue. I worked with Wally at HWH troubleshooting it and found we had a burned out solenoid. Returning from the West coast we stopped at HWH this past Wednesday and in an hour we had a new solenoid installed and newer type of springs installed to make the jacks store quicker. As an extra bonus we happened to be there the same time as Mr. & Mrs. Skigramp from the forum.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I would think that a vent line is not installed properly if the water is coming into the basement when the tank is full. Our water tank did that when the tank was replaced because of a leak. The technician did not route the vent lines properly which caused the vent lines to flood the basement. Our vectra did not come with a gravity water fill.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suffered brain fade, and left the fresh water fill going and over filled the fresh water tank (big time....). Came out of the MH and saw water pouring out of the bottom and a big puddle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our Sunova has an overflow hose coming out of the top of the fresh water tank. That's how you know it's full... when it runs out on the ground. Does the Suncruiser have a different fill system or was there just more water coming into the tank than the overflow hose could handle?
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
I suffered brain fade, and left the fresh water fill going and over filled the fresh water tank (big time....). Came out of the MH and saw water pouring out of the bottom and a big puddle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it nice to have waterfront property?
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the suggestions and input. I'll call HWH as soon as possible. Glad to see I'm not the only one to overfill the water tank

Best Regards,
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

indyrv--not sure which HWH system you have but it may save you a trip to the dealer if you check the fuses located on the control board.
Fixed one last week (jack wouldn't retract) by checking the board and it turns out that each jack had its own fuse-one was blown.
Hope this helps..

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

After camping when ready to put jacks away, now our LF jack takes forrrrrrreverrrrr to come up.Anyone got an idea why?
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

overfilling the fresh water tank just makes you look to see if anyone is watching ... no biggie

having a hose come loose while dumping not only causes you to look to see if anyone is watching ... you also have a lot of cleaning up to do ... and clothes to change ...

been there ... done that
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote