Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Silicone sealant to reseal fiberglass radius

Just picked up our Winnebago from a RV repair shop that was suppose to use a polyurethane sealant to reseal our fiberglass roof radius but instead used CRL Silicone Sealant 33S. We're wondering if anyone has had a good or bad experience using a silicone sealant to reseal your fiberglass roof radius?
dennysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What did they have to say about using the wrong product? I’d have them remove it and use the right stuff. I’m aking my Forza in next week (at Winnebago’s suggestion) and having the roof re-sealed.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There is a reason Silicone sealants and caulks are the cheapest on the shelf. I agree with BirchBoy.
Winnebago's sealant call-out sheet does denote silicone-containing products, but they ae not 100% silicone.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal