Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2022, 09:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Shower leak 05 itasca suncruiser

Hi all

Not sure where to begin to address this leak. The water leaks constantly into the main line and whatever head I put on it it still leaks through the head.

If I remove the shower head completely water leaks through the plumbing neck neck.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5C25FA59-D582-41EE-8997-2202AADE828A.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	183900  
Timberlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Let me see if we are speaking the same?
You get drips out of the shower head after the water is turned off if you are still connectedtowater from a hose or the pump is still on? Not just dripping for a few mintutes but long term dripping?

I don't think of the partsatt he top as really cuttingoff water when underpressure but the valve behind the shower handle is what normally stops the waterflow or drips.

Is this a single handle or dual handle? I'm thinking the solution is to dig into the valve behind the handle as there are often rubber items which can be replaced.

But that is where things get hard to recommend as there are so many different types!

I might guess you have s aingle handle and it has a cartridge inside the valve,so if you can sort out how to reomve the handle and spot a ring to turn counterclockwise, it often brings the cartridge into view.
But that is going pretty far in guessing, so is it possible to post up a picture of the faucet to get a better look at what you have? Sometimes folks do just go for changing the whole faucet and get a new one but if saving some time and money is good, fixing what you have can be better!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I’m not very computer savvy the reply doesn’t allow me t attach a photo it asks for a url for a photo.??

Anyway you are correct it’s a Moen single screw handle . I can see how to remove the plate but not sure how to get the handle off

Thanks for your help
Old 08-22-2022, 11:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Ok I got the handle off and the backing plate off. I am able to see the mechanism now. Does that brass mechanism need to be replaced in your opinion? If so it’s so tight in there I don’t think I could maneuver to replace it.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Two points of info. Posting the pic is easy once you get the pic on your computer.
1. Hit "go advanced" at bottom of quick reply.
2. Hit paperclip
3. Choose pic from your computer files
3. Look for "upload" at bottom right as it may be hidden, depending on size of
that drop down
4. Upload should make it show on your post at bottom!
5. Always a good idea to preview to see what my funky fingers have done
before display to the world!

No the brass part is likely okay but there are some parts which may vary with how toget them out. Does it appear to have a circle of metal with grooves that circle the shaft of the handle? Lots of different sorts but one I'm thinking of has a dome shaped "circle" that can be unscrewed and pulled off toexpose a cartridge. The shaft is set into that cartridge and can sometimes be wiggled free topul out toward you. You may find small metal springs and little rubber "cups" that the springs keepthe rubber held against the ball of the cartridge as it turns to set the temp and flow by aligning with the holes in the faucet body?
Since it is Moen, there is a very good chance that parts can be found at any hardware. Peerless/Moen/Delta are all names of the same thing and common household item! Some have little rubber parts, some not! Sometimes it is just the little rubber cup that gets worn, while other times the plastic may break down or get grooves from rubbing too much.
I go this way on finding parts. I take it apart and drag the small parts into the store and hope to eyeball one to fit!

But this is a guess on what is in there and there are lots of other things that always surprise me, so if you find different, go with what you find----not my guesses!

This video has a totally different type:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post pic.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	183907   Click image for larger version

Name:	post pic2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	183908  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

They make a tool to pull Moen shower valve cartridges; about $15 on Amazon. Quick and easy to change the cartridge out.
Name:   shopping.png
Views: 111
Size:  2.9 KB

Tags
itasca, leak, shower, suncruiser