Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2021, 02:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Shakey Steps

My Kwickie steps started erratically operating. When the door opens they sort of extend but not fully AND they intermittently pulse in the forward position. So the door opens and they operate like there is a continual on/off pulse. This happens when I open and close the door. In each open/close period of operation they pulse 8 times then that sensation will stop. Then when you close the door the same thing happens. I just replaced the controller and the same thing happens. The mechanical part of the steps are not bound in any way. Actually these steps are about 3 months old but they have the original motor and gear box. Any ideas or is there someone that had this happen?

Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:48 AM   #2

Chances are you just need to oil-up the friction points... and shoot some lithium grease on the motor pivot arm where you see a joint.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Chances are you just need to oil-up the friction points... and shoot some lithium grease on the motor pivot arm where you see a joint.
Well thanks for that but I just dug in and decided that this machine wasn't going to beat me. I removed the motor and found very little left concerning the brushes and there was a collection of broken teeth from one of the gears remaining and that debris was jamming the mechanism. Replaced the gear and pivot arm along with a replacement motor for 180.00 and now all is great.
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps