Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Selling Motorhome

Anyone know about or have any info on National Multi List in Edgewater, Co. for selling a Motorhome?
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I just googled the name and they have several complaints. People say they don't do anything once they get your money. Check out Rip-Off Report. Good luck.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Actually the BBB gives them a A+ (highest rating) - more of an authourity than the unknown rip off report - I personally have not heard of them or used them
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I've never heard of them. You might want to try themotorhomebrokers.com Good Luck!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I have done better on Craigslist and it's free. Watch out for the scams.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Don't overlook PPL of Houston Texas. They are straight as an arrow and very successful. They surpassed my expectations in one week. No not in any way connected to them.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
I have done better on Craigslist and it's free. Watch out for the scams.
I've used Craig's List many times for selling automobiles; the only problem is that CL has really turned into a free-for-all with the SPAMMING and PHISHING of phone numbers and email addresses. I no longer post a phone number in the initial ad and then sort through all the 'buyers' to try and second-guess the real buyers from the phonies.

A positive for CL is that you can use basic HTML code and post more than three or four pictures and you can post the images in a far larger size than what CL defaults to. Also, you can use different fonts and font sizes to make your ad stand out from the other more generic listings. Plus, it's free! -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Actually the BBB gives them a A+ (highest rating) - more of an authourity than the unknown rip off report - I personally have not heard of them or used them
You do realize that most BBB's will let you "buy" a rating from them? Pay more and get a higher rating.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

OH BOY...trying to sell my Winnebago was a real headache

Now, maybe since this was my first rodeo selling one I may have had greater expectations than I should have but I never got a single "real" call on my unit and I was extremely well priced and my ads were pretty good.

I know that especially up north this is a bad time to sell but with my price I was expecting at least someone to test the waters a bit.

CL - all I got was spammed by "pretty girl" in skimpy clothes asking me for dates. It may have been free but now worth the crap.

RVT.COM & RVTrader.COM were each about $100 but no leads. In fact, they generated lots of brokers and companies saying they had aggressive marketing to help sell my home.

IRV2 classifieds free but nothing seemed to come of that.

RV Registry, well, I let myself get suckered into that. $299 wasted. I'm feeling embarrassed for that one.

MHSRV & PPL are places I think I could have gotten some great buys if I had sold my MH. They are high volume, deep discount sellers and thus high volume, deep discount buyers too. That means very low offers for buying or taking a used MH in as trade.

This week my salesman that we worked with for my Winnebago called me about something he got that he knew we would like to look at. On Saturday we saw it and made a deal on a 2006 Newmar DSDP 4320 and I got a trade in value better than my asking sale price. I know, it's a numbers game but the cash purchase price was well within my my idea of what would have been a very good buy. I'm glad to be done with the whole process.

Still, gonna miss my Winnebago. It was a great start. When we bought it we didn't know what we didn't know. We learned a lot with it and about what we wanted and needed for our future FT plans. Someone is going to get a great MH when they buy it.

2 big recommendations:

1. Get a throw away email address. Google has some pretty good spam filters.

2. Consider getting a cheap cell phone plan and use that for your ad. Once you get the job done you can just toss it. Alternatively, you could get a google voice number. I have one and it does a lot of stuff for free. It also has some pretty good tools to stop spam calls and block calls. Lots of other nice features for general use.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

BBB carries no weight with me. Funded by the member businesses and totally partial.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We sold ours using Craigslist. You have to price it right and like was said look out for scammers. Spelling out part of your phone number helps.....

Key for me was pricing it right...... Check Nada...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

RV Trader.com was a great site I used to locate and buy mine..dealers and private people. Not aware of the cost though.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #13

The cold hard facts are; When a coach is priced right it will sell., Then the sell says well I'm not giving it away.... We have been looking for a coach. there are about 4 of them for sale. Now they have been for sale for over a year. They were over priced when first posted They have come down . But they are about 30% over priced. You ask me how do I know;;; Well they are not selling;; Our econamey is in bad shape. You don't have to give it away; Or like most will say I don't have to sell.. I ask why in the heck spend time and worry then. Just Keep it
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichn2go View Post
Anyone know about or have any info on National Multi List in Edgewater, Co. for selling a Motorhome?
I used this company, they took my money and did nothing. My coach has been listed with them for over one year, "ZERO CALLS" save your money.
David W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I've sold a couple of RVs using Craigslist and various other free web sites. National Multi List was one of the companies that would see the ads then badger me to sign up with them. I do mean badger. They where very rude and unprofessional in trying to intimidate me into signing up with them. In short they tried to make you feel like there was no hope unless you use their service. One of their agents, when I told them I didn't need/want their help told me, well I guess you don't really want to sell your unit and too bad your going to own it for a long time! Turned out three days later I sold it.
If you list it yourself do not expect to get many calls, all you need is one call that's a serious buyer and pays your price. Last unit I sold I kept refreshing the ads and in three months only had one call and one email. Finally a couple came to have a look, she walked in, took a quick look, and said when can you get your stuff out of here. I said as fast as you can write a check.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome