Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

'03 Journey DL

Drivers seat is comfortable to sit in but it seems that no matter how I adjust it, I get a sore back in just a couple of hours of driving. I can drive my Chevy truck all day and it doesn't bother my back at all. Kind of think it's got to do with the angle and position of the steering wheel.

Thoughts, ideas, comments???
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

'03 Journey DL

Drivers seat is comfortable to sit in but it seems that no matter how I adjust it, I get a sore back in just a couple of hours of driving. I can drive my Chevy truck all day and it doesn't bother my back at all. Kind of think it's got to do with the angle and position of the steering wheel.

Thoughts, ideas, comments???
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #3

Hi Gunny:

I had the same problem. My back is always acting up. I found a very good lumbar support at "Relax the Back" a store that specializes in back support items. The item that really helped me is called a "keri cushion". They adjust to fit the curve in the small of your back. It's not cheap...$119. But is works great!
chazfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #4

I agree...the Winnie front seats are horrible. I also use a small lumbar cushion...helps alot
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I think it's a personal situation, I have just the oposite problem, my back and butt gets sore and stiff after driving my GMC truck for only an hour, but I can ride comfortably all day in our motorhome, both vehicles have power seats, but the GMC drives me up the wall, and my wife's Blazer is the same.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have no problem with my seats in the MH, but the crappy seats in my Blazer are horrible..

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Guess I'm lucky to be two for two....Seats in Vectra are nice and even in the Trailblazer too!

I've had lumbar issues for years and have had no problems with either vehicle....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Gunny,

Just a thought, but have you adjusted the Lumbar support? The lever on the left hand side of the seat can be used to firm up the Lumbar. I ride with mine cranked up all the way and find it comfortable, but without the Lumbar, my back would ache too.