Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2023, 05:49 PM   #1
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Seat Belt Return? I was just reading a post about passenger side lighting when it …..

I was just reading a post about passenger side lighting when it got me thinking about a recurring problem on that side of our coach. The seat belt return.

My wife has been complaining about the belt locking or not returning. It’s been like that since we got it. The drivers side is similar but not as bad.

Previous research has led me to looking at cleaning the belts, slides and rewind device. Nothing has helped. I just think they are a poor design but..

Here’s the question. What can they be replaced with (has anyone done so) that will work? It’s not like they have to be OEM parts.

I hope this get a good discussion going as I’m sure I can’t be the only complainer.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 01-26-2023, 10:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My belts are built into the seats. They often give us problems when we attempt to pull them out too quickly or sidways. We must pull slowly straight out of the seat for them to unroll smoothly.
I do not see any way to disassemble the seat to lube or clean the winding mechanism.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light