Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Sealing Vinyl Floor Tile

I have a 2018 Sightseer 33C. Have had problems with floor tiles buckling and now am out of warranty. I think it would be a good idea to seal these tiles as each joint is open to the substrate.

Any recommendations on doing this? Recommended sealant? Recommended adhesive to repair tiles?

Thanks,
John
johndowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I completely cleaned all the tiles and the joints then I found a caulking that matched closely the tiles ran a small bead of caulking around each tile then wiped them with a wet rag to smooth out caulking then added several coats of zeps high traffic floor shine turned out great looks like real tiles no gaps,I used acetone on a rag to clean joints but be careful its strong stuff. use latex caulking that can be wiped and leveled and cleaned up with wet towel or sponge. also I just calked to the botton of the v groove so each tile has a groove around it.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

As for adheasive I just warmed the tile with a heat gun moved them where I wanted them and warmed again and restuck with original adhesive so far the caulk has prevented any movement.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the detailed information Cataska. Just what I needed, hadn't even heard of latex caulking. But then I haven't ever laid any tile.
johndowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

There is a sealant specific to those plastic tiles that should be used and if the seal has failed or was not applied properly then Winnebago Customer Service should be contacted to confirm the correct sealant. It will not be a latex caulking but usually some clear solvent cement applied from a tube with a metal tip that is shaped like a T that will better allow the sealer to flow between the tiles.

Also note that many/most of those self stick floor tiles will buckle if you wet mop them like they were traditional sheet vinyl or ceramic tile flooring.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

How to Clean self stick flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
There is a sealant specific to those plastic tiles that should be used and if the seal has failed or was not applied properly then Winnebago Customer Service should be contacted to confirm the correct sealant. It will not be a latex caulking but usually some clear solvent cement applied from a tube with a metal tip that is shaped like a T that will better allow the sealer to flow between the tiles.

Also note that many/most of those self stick floor tiles will buckle if you wet mop them like they were traditional sheet vinyl or ceramic tile flooring.
What is the recommended method or product to clean the self stick flooring tiles?
Nitewindes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Latex caulking is a product for painting and crack filling latex is water soluable so you can wipe it smooth with water, dosent look to me like winnebego put any sealant between the tiles like you said could see substrate no sealant is why tiles are moving around.

Tags
seal