Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Scrubbing the poo pipe

I am installing a new toilet and when I pulled the old one I noticed the 3" pipe that goes into the black tanks is, well streaked with brown pretty bad. (It wasn't me) So it is real stubborn. I duck taped a toilet brush onto a piece of conduit and have been soaking/scrubbing for about an hour, it's coming clean but very, very slow. Any tips? (I realize that this area is below the water/odor seal but I still want it clean)
Old 12-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

When wanting to remove colors from plumbing, I go for bleach water. On something like this, I might go as strong as 50/50 and letting it set as long as it will stay on. Some of the powdered cleansers with bleach included mixed into a paste of water and cleanser might cling better. Observe the label cautions on using bleach or mixing it with other items.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thanks Richard I ended up using bleach and dawn dish soap but the toilet scrub brush just wasn't doing it. Finally I made up a length of 2" ABS with two couplings on one end then secured a giant Scotch Brite pad to the couplings and it did the job. Pipe is now clean and smooth like it should be. Hopefully the new toilet arrives next week.

Tags
scr