Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA5464 View Post
I'm going on 3 weeks with no A/C or heat, and service shop has no clue. I don't get the 00's, the buttons just dont do anything. They sent 2 new thermostats, 1 to me to try and fix and then another to shop. Now I have to wait another week for a circuit board to come in to try and fix it. Should I try a choke, or change out lights to leds? You would think on a newer coach this would be worked out...
2016 holiday rambler vacationer 36db
You seem to be in a twilight zone here. This is seeming not to be the RF issue so may of us experience.

I had one of my units quite. I pulled the cover and used the schematic and a meter to do some checking. Before I got too far I noticed that a relay was cooked, burnt at the terminal. I ordered a new one and all went back to normal when installed.

If your thermostat command to run signal is not making it to the units they won't run. That is a no brainer. You need to be certain that the signal is making it to the roof. I suggest doing a continuity test on the wiring harness to the roof. And, be certain that you have 120VAC to the units.

Looking forward to the fix on this one.

Rick Y
Old 06-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via AIM to norlfran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
At one point I pulled the thermostat off the wall and unplugged it to get it to reset. I have the "filter" on it but it still frequently reads "00" but clears out to show the room temperature and the controls work again. I have another new filter if you can't find one to try. PM me and we can talk.

Rick Y
I am having same problem. Any idea where I can get that choke adaptor? Cannot find it anywhere
Old 06-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by norlfran View Post
I am having same problem. Any idea where I can get that choke adaptor? Cannot find it anywhere
Do you have LED lighting that you have put in? If so, when you get the '00' shut off lights till you find the offender. The filter does nothing to help this problem. Put a different manufacture bulb in might. I put in a light strip over my patio. I can't use it if I am using the thermostat. Many LED's generate noise that interferes with the thermostat. I wish I could tell you I had found the best. Can't do that. I even have problems with some of the M4-products LED's.
I hope you locate your problem using my method of troubleshooting.
Happy trails,
Rick
Old 06-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

Hello all,

I just purchased the Winnebago journey 36M with two ac’s. Apparently having the same issue, however I don’t get the the 00’s, my thermostat just locks up, can find that choke anywhere, is there any new resolutions to this?
I’m concerned that we’ll be somewhere hot and we’re out for a while with our pups in the coach and they stop working.

Thank you
rkerr12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #45
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via AIM to norlfran
Mine is actually doing exactly the same thing. Tried replacing thermostat but new tstat did same thing.
My technician spent two hours on the phone with AirExcel last week and they think it is a bad controller on the front AC. On order. Should receive it this week. will let you know result after it is installed.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:13 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
We are full time, and stay in warm weather climates all year. We contacted the manufacturer the first time it happened to us. They walked us through the unplug/reset process, which we know by heart now. They offered a new thermostat, at that time. In five years, it has probably happened ten times. Next time, I'm trying the house battery process, it sounds easier. We've never figured out the why.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #47
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkerr12345 View Post
Hello all,

I just purchased the Winnebago journey 36M with two ac’s. Apparently having the same issue, however I don’t get the the 00’s, my thermostat just locks up, can find that choke anywhere, is there any new resolutions to this?
I’m concerned that we’ll be somewhere hot and we’re out for a while with our pups in the coach and they stop working.

Thank you
If you don't have LED replacement bulbs installed then I would try the following. Norlfran has some good insight. Try shutting the AC service breaker off to one of the units. Now run the one still on line. If you get the '00' turn the breaker on and do the same with the other breaker. If the '00' goes away than you might have a bad controller also.
If this proves fruitless, try a more direct route. Remover the cover from one of the units, power off of course, and remove the sheet metal cover to gain access to the controller. Unplug the connectors and check for corrosion or loose connections. Before putting things back together try the other A/C unit to see if the problem is gone away. Repeat and test.
I stress that ANY LED in the coach could cause this problem. If you have this problem will ALL your light off than do the above.

What year is your coach?
Rick

Tags
thermostat