Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

This topic is hot to me. Because of noise on my DC lighting circuits I have been loosing M4products Elite LED's. I can see the noise with a o-scope. M4 told me that is why the LED's are failing. So, when are the coach manufactures going to address this issue? Where does Part 15 of the FCC rules and regulations come into play here? And, yes, my thermostat goes to 00 on occasion but turning it off for a minute or so seems to fix the problem... for a while at least.

Rick Y
Old 07-12-2015, 06:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
Did someone come up with a new source for the choke, and I missed it? It's only happened to us once, but we probably won't be lucky.....
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:42 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoders2Go View Post
Did someone come up with a new source for the choke, and I missed it? It's only happened to us once, but we probably won't be lucky.....

Have you tried my link in post #10 ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Have you tried my link in post #10 ?
Thanks but... Many of us have multi-zones and the thermostat we have is not the same as the single zone. I can't tell if this thing is universal or not. Tried to find some answers on the Airxcel website with no luck. Has anyone tried this thing on the .zc thermostat?

Rick Y
Old 07-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

My thermostat is 3-zone. Installed choke a while back and still so far so good. The attached link is where I obtained my choke.
Coleman Thermostat Electronic Noise Filter, AK3102
Lolly - Border Collie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tmzulim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:33 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

If you have multiple devices failing etc, I would test my coach without shore power. My suspect would be the charger / whatever that powers the DC circuits while plugged in.
spendingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmzulim View Post
My thermostat is 3-zone. Installed choke a while back and still so far so good. The attached link is where I obtained my choke.
Coleman Thermostat Electronic Noise Filter, AK3102
Thanks. That is what I needed to know. If it weren't for you fine folks on this forum I would have never know about this. Again, many thinks to all who have made this issue come clear.

Just a side note on A/C problems to consider. I had my front unit stop working. I replaced the capacitors but that didn't fix it. Pulled the control box in the unit yesterday and found a burnt wire to the thermostat control relay. Bad crimp on the connector. The relay is made by American Zettler, # AZ2280-1A-12DF. I had a hard time finding a replacement to match the spec. I have a Panisonic one on order, but this morning I found the exact part on ebay so I ordered 2 for spares. I am nor certain the Panisonic will fit correctly in the space.

The old relay is back in service but because of the burn damage I am going to replace it.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 08-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

I purchased a Winnebago Adventurer 32H in April 2015 and consistantly have the problem of thermostat lockout. The only fix is to take the thermostat off the wall, unplug the wiring harness, reconnect and then the thermostat will work. Would like to know what the problem is.
btpd912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:46 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd912 View Post
I purchased a Winnebago Adventurer 32H in April 2015 and consistantly have the problem of thermostat lockout. The only fix is to take the thermostat off the wall, unplug the wiring harness, reconnect and then the thermostat will work. Would like to know what the problem is.
:welcome: Glad you could join us. I hope you will find the fix for this problem and many others you my have with your RV from one of us happy campers.

Please be a bit more clear about "lockout" What is the indication? And, what model year is your coach? The model year 2015 didn't have a 32H.

If you have your A/C model and SN on hand you can contact Airxcel via emal or phone for assistance:
[email protected]

Phone Number: (316) 832-435

Please keep us up to date. Thanks

Rick Y
Old 09-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

Thermostat lockout

Just to clarify, my coach is a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H. When I say lockout, I mean the thermostat controls are frozen. None of the buttons will function. There is a system button, a zone button and a mode button. The display will show the zone (either 1 or 2) and the temperature when the thermostat froze.
btpd912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

I'm having the same problem frozen thermostat on my 2016 holiday rambler vacationer 36db. I've tried everything from battery shut off to taking the fuse out, and still no heat. Thermostat has power but will not do anything no matter what button I push on it just frozen. No shore power and just running the generator.
BBA5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

I'm having the same problem frozen thermostat on my 2016 holiday rambler vacationer 36db. I've tried everything from battery shut off to taking the fuse out, and still no heat. Thermostat has power but will not do anything no matter what button I push on it just frozen. No shore power and just running the generator.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #33
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd912 View Post
Just to clarify, my coach is a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H. When I say lockout, I mean the thermostat controls are frozen. None of the buttons will function. There is a system button, a zone button and a mode button. The display will show the zone (either 1 or 2) and the temperature when the thermostat froze.
At one point I pulled the thermostat off the wall and unplugged it to get it to reset. I have the "filter" on it but it still frequently reads "00" but clears out to show the room temperature and the controls work again. I have another new filter if you can't find one to try. PM me and we can talk.

Rick Y
Old 01-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

00 lock out

I called RV products 1 316 832 4357, they sent me the choke, no charge, but it did not help.
I contacted Coleman engineering, they do not have a cure for the lockout. They say that remove the cover, remove the fuse for 5 minutes, replace and the thermostat will resume working "For a while". You should look for sources of interference/electrical noise. (LED's, motors, Satellite box, inverter/charger, water pump etc)

According to Coleman the problem was solved by using a 2 wire, twisted pair between the thermostat and the AC/Heat units. This began on 2016 coach installations.

It is a problem, but nothing compared to Swintec slide problems
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I have been experiencing the same problem with my RVComfort.xc thermostat and after reading other web forums I discovered that the few florescent fixtures I have seemed to be causing the problem. So now I am trying to locate the noise filter to install so that I can use the florescent fixtures again and still have a operational Thermostat.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
I have been experiencing the same problem with my RVComfort.xc thermostat and after reading other web forums I discovered that the few florescent fixtures I have seemed to be causing the problem. So now I am trying to locate the noise filter to install so that I can use the florescent fixtures again and still have a operational Thermostat.

I replaced the florescent fixtures with LED ones and problem apparently solved.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
I replaced the florescent fixtures with LED ones and problem apparently solved.
My coach has NO florescent fixtures. Mostly halogen. I replaces the bulbs with LED. Had the problem before and still have it, even with the thermostat filter.

To clarify, my thermostat frequently flashes 00 but it clears for a while and I continue to have control over the HVAC systems. While it is locked up I simply need to wait for a little bit, several seconds, and things go back to working again. I chock this problem up to another one of the RV industries poor QC issues.

Rick Y
Old 01-28-2017, 07:17 AM   #38
Winnebago Watcher

I'm going on 3 weeks with no A/C or heat, and service shop has no clue. I don't get the 00's, the buttons just dont do anything. They sent 2 new thermostats, 1 to me to try and fix and then another to shop. Now I have to wait another week for a circuit board to come in to try and fix it. Should I try a choke, or change out lights to leds? You would think on a newer coach this would be worked out...
2016 holiday rambler vacationer 36db
Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
BBA5464 I replaced my Coleman Thermostat but soon after I was again experiencing the same issues. After reading this and other forums I decided to replace the existing original choke
Coleman Air Conditioner 8330-3301 Choke Adapter

and found it here...
Home . Any RV Parts

Now the thermostat is working and it doesn't seem to matter if I turn on the few florescent light fixtures.

JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

This Is obviously an all too common problem that hasn't been diagnosed or solved with any consistency, if at all, by the manufacturer(s) or otherwise. I don't know if it's a circuitry problem, or an interference/wire shielding problem, or what. It's not my job or interest in knowing; I just want it to work (I know! Ya, right, welcome to RV life; I know!). I will say, however, it's not just a fluorescent problem because I've never had any in my coach. I've also tried an electronic in-line filter recommended by someone soon after I started this thread, and it seems at best to reduce the ocurrances but not eliminate them. In any event, I'm very disappointed that the manufacturer(s) haven't solved this by now.
That being said, I have a question for the more technically or specifically controls oriented people out there. The basics of what we're dealing with here is really nothing more than simple HVAC controls, albeit multiple units/zones/functions controlled by one controller (thermostat). But it's still just closing a contact based on a given set point and opening it on another (or so it seems to me). Is there not a comparable controller on the market that will perform the same functions as the RV Comfort controller? Honeywell, Robertshaw, Johnson ...? Maybe someone can guide us on whether or not we're stuck with using this piece of junk controller by RV Comfort or maybe there's something else out there that will do the job as intended. Thanks for the help.
tmzulim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat