Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

RV Toilet Repair.

We have a Thetford Aquamagic toilet that has a leaking ball seal. I have ordered the replacement parts and will replace the seals and ball when I receive the new parts. In the mean time until I receive the new parts I had heard that Vaseline Petroleum Jelly will work to temporarily help seal the water in the bowel. I have tried it and can positively say that it works. It is not a permanent fix and will eventually wear away but it does work.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:41 PM   #2

I have a Dometic-Sealand Concerto with a ball seal, and I too have found Vaseline to work... for about a day or two.

Then I use a heavy dielectric grease (used for electrical contacts) and it lasts 2weeks to 2 months or longer!

...And occasionally I have to dip my hands into the water and push the ball forward to seal tighter. I think the rubber gets hard over time and/or dries out during storage and you have to reform the seal by adding some brut force. ...In my case I can feel about 1/32" of play.

So try using dielectric grease on the seal side and see if that fixes your problem.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair