Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

RV Covers? -2007 Itasca Sunrise 35'

Hello All,

Just made our first RV purchase, a 2007 Itasca Sunrise 35'. It was lovingly cared for and we want to do the same. We do not have covered storage and want to buy a cover. Any experienced input would be appreciated.

Thank you
Vran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #2
Site Team

If you search around the internet you'll find plenty of folks that don't buy a cover or bought a cover and it was such a hassle they stopped using it.

I suppose there are times when a cover could be a good idea - but they are difficult to handle. They do some damage on their own with rubbing on painted parts in wind. They can trap moisture. Break Antenna. And keep you from visiting the RV in the off season to exercise the engine and generator every month or so.

You can tell what side of this subject I reside - perhaps others will feel differently and chime in.

Here's a thread on sister website www.irv2.com which has a larger audience on this same topic.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/rv-c...no-470587.html
Old 08-21-2020, 03:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

You do not say where you live, and that may make a difference. With that said if possible you may want to look at a metal cover carport type thing. Thats if you are truly wanting to cover your unit.

I would be against a cover myself for mainly the reasons creativeport stated.Keep your baby clean and well waxed and you should not have much problem. I know my 07 stays uncovered all the time but is also cleaned after every trip with a wash and wax. Then twice a year I hand wax and redue the graphics just to keep all looking good. But then thats me
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca