Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

rubber seal on top of slideout coming loose

rubber seal on top of slide out coming loose from side of coach what adhesive should I use?
astock64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Still looking for help!! The rubber seal coming loose from rv
Old 06-07-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Your profile says you have a 2018 "28reok 5th wheel". As far as I can tell, that is a Jayco product. This forum is specific to Winnebago RVs. There's a sister forum, IRV2.com, that's an all-brand site. You'll be better off posting there where you can hear from Jayco owners.

When you do post there, put the info about your RV in your post so people aren't wondering what you have.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Bob, thank you for ur response however my 5th wheel in fact is a winnebego 28 REOK the rubber flaps,seals that fold in or out with the slide out are not unique I think all slide outs use them it is a 4 inch flap that attaches to the coach body part of it has come loose from the coach
Old 06-08-2022, 10:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I stand corrected. I've never heard of a Winnebago REOK and there doesn't seem to be much info out there on them. Is REOK a descriptive term? I still see that term most often linked to Jayco.

Unfortunately Winnebago doesn't publish sealant callout sheets for their towables. I checked some of the 2018 MH callout sheets and they don't show anything for the slide seals.

A quick Google of "rv slide top seal replacement" results in a number of hits and videos. Apparently some slides have "push in" seals that mount into a channel and don't use adhesive while others do. A couple of the ones that mention adhesives simply say to use a compatible adhesive.

Assuming your's does use an adhesive, I think your best bet is to contact Winnebago and ask them.

Alternatively, this thread may help you get in touch via PM (private msg) with some fellow Winneowners who own REOKs:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ok-350562.html

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Bob, appreciate ur efforts not sure what reok stands for a more complete model title would be Minnie/Winnie plus 28reok anyway I have a tube of pro flex rv flexible sealant coming that’s been recommended Winnebego not always very helpful but will call them. Thx again
Old 06-12-2022, 05:05 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by astock64 View Post
rubber seal on top of slide out coming loose from side of coach what adhesive should I use?
The absolute best out there is made by 3-M. It is for glueing weatherstripping on cars.

It is called "3-M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive".

It works like contact cement - apply to both surfaces, and let it skin over before pressing the parts together. Use careful aim!
Old 06-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

This is what the Winnebago dealer who initially sold our MH recommended and uses: https://images.zep.com/zepcorporate/tds/psr_0225.pdf

I bought a can, used it to reattach a slide seal and numerous other things I didn't want to move. That can lasted me 6 years, until I forgot to clear the nozzle the last use.. It works great when the directions are followed exactly.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:01 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE=danhannah;3920546]The absolute best out there is made by 3-M. It is for glueing weatherstripping on cars.

It is called "3-M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive".

It works like contact cement - apply to both surfaces, and let it skin over before pressing the parts together. Use careful aim![
Old 06-18-2022, 08:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for ur suggestion just received it from Amazon will give it a try have some other uses in mind
Old 06-20-2022, 05:41 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I used this DAP product and it seems to have worked fine. It's been on about 4 months and is holding.

DAP Dynaflex 230 - Window, Door, Siding & Trim

Got it at Ace Hardware. Attached a picture because I can never figure out how to insert a picture with this site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	183273  

Tags
seal, slide, slideout