Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
Dicor is not recommended for Filon roofing, NUCO 311 self leveling Silicone Sealant is, last and stays pliable for a very long time. I watch some of this guys videos and have learned a great deal.
https://www.youtube.com/user/azrvexpert
The Nuco 311 is for sealing against water intrusion on fittings, etc. Not for adhering roof edges which need the adhesive qualities of Manus Bond 75 AM.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The Nuco 311 is for sealing against water intrusion on fittings, etc. Not for adhering roof edges which need the adhesive qualities of Manus Bond 75 AM.
I never said it was. it's self leveling roof top sealant for around vents, etc.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Just trying to be clear since the thread has to do with re-adhering the roof edges.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

So while fixing the roof panel they foud where it had been repaired once. Does not look like a good job the first time. Was wondering if Ebond tape would work for these problem areas or need to replace.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9745.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	172304[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9744.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	172305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9743.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	172306  

Name:	IMG_9741.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	172307  
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:57 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Here's what I've done:

1. For thin cracks in the flat, well-supported areas of the roof, I used Eternabond tape by itself after carefully securing the underside of the crack's edges to the Luan plywood underlayment with Manus 75 AM and a thin putty knife.

2. For the one crack I had in a curved area (which isn't well-supported), I covered it with a piece of thin 6" wide aluminum roof flashing, cut long enough to extend from the drip moulding at the bottom edge of the roof to the flat, plywood supported area, adhering it with Manus Bond 75 AM sealant. I also used some pop rivets at the top to secure the flashing to the plywood and at the lower edges where I could feel some underlying support to hold the flashing down securely. I then covered the aluminum with a couple pieces of 4" Eternabond. This way the aluminum ended up being completely covered by the Eternabond extending 1" over the edges. I added a second strip of 2" Eternabond around the edges for additional security. I would have also used this method for any wide cracks in the flat area of the roof.

Alternatively, since your damage is pretty wide-spread and since your fiberglass is pretty degraded you might want to consider epoxying a piece of Filon over the damaged areas including the cracks and the intervening areas that might be vulnerable to more cracking and seal the edges with Eternabond.

All this might not be pretty but it won't cost $10,000+.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

What about this?

This is a picture I found on a Facebook page of a Winnebago roof where the Filon is buckling, I see some small indications of this starting on my roof but not nearly this extreme, you can just see them and there is not gaps under them.

This guy is getting a new roof from Winnebago, I plan to watch mine for now. I do also have 2 small spots where the glue under the filon is coming loose and there isn't water leaks there. I inspect my roof 3-4 times a year, maybe more and wax it at least twice a year.

So I plan to contact Winnebago if mine progresses, but I suspect the delamination will continue. It's frustrating because i take such good care of my roof so this doesn't happen and it still does.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	172310  
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, roof