Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well after trying to find where the water is getting in and not being able to I have sent my rig to the dealer to have them use the sealtec system on it. I tried the Ebond tape on the sides but I am still getting some water so that means that it was coming from some other place so I went this route so that I was not chasing my tail trying to find it and at the same time getting damage to the unit I'll let you guys know how it turns out and what leaks they find so that you can check your units and not have the trouble I am having.

The joy's of having an RV lucky me.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well after trying to find where the water is getting in and not being able to I have sent my rig to the dealer to have them use the sealtec system on it. I tried the Ebond tape on the sides but I am still getting some water so that means that it was coming from some other place so I went this route so that I was not chasing my tail trying to find it and at the same time getting damage to the unit I'll let you guys know how it turns out and what leaks they find so that you can check your units and not have the trouble I am having.

The joy's of having an RV lucky me.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for posting this Mark. I'd be very interested in hearing how it turns out and if it looks like a DIY'er like oemy could rig up something.

So far my rig isn't leaking but it's just a matter of time.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Mark:
Where is the leak coming into your rig? What year/model rig do you have?

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thudman sorry about that I have a 2000 Adventurer 35U as far as where its coming from thats what we are trying to find out. It has to be coming from the front cap as the sidewalls that fit to the roof were covered with ebond tape. my thinking is that one of the marker lights on the front cap is letting it in and it is just walking its wat back until it pooles behind the drivers seat on the roof.

hope they find it so that I can enjoy it again with out the worry of anymore damage to it.

Mark
Old 11-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

also could be the windows outside I noticed bago applies silcone there also...

let us know thanks
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

After I applied my Eternabond, I still had a small leak on the drivers windshield. Had same leak prior to Eternabond. At time of Eternabond application, I re-sealed the suspect marker lite where the screws fit in the lens wells, then screw into the cap. Still leaked so I re-sealed same screws again. No rain yet, but supposed to get some tonite (11/6/06). Will advise.

On my 2000 35U, had a window leak at copilots sliding window. Re-sealed w/silicone-type sealant, around black neoprene (?) seal. Took 3 or 4 tries tho.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
Rit
Winnebago Camper

I've had my 33V at the dealers 3 times for leaks. Water on the dash. They sealed the clearance lights and the tops of the windows. Still had some water dropping on the dash. I found a section that looked bad where the front cap drops down to the sidewall, just in front of the gutter end. I pulled out the old sealer and there was a 1/4" to 5/16" gap between the cap and the sidewall. Resealed that area and so far it's been dry.
Rit is offline   Reply With Quote