Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2022, 09:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Roof Issue on Micro Minnie 2306BHS

Hi,

We have a brand new Micro Minnie 2306BHS (less than 2 months old) that is stored inside and has only been taken out 3-4 times. Last night I was on the roof and noticed some large bubbles between the roof panels. When I ran my hand across the bubbles I noticed there was a quarter to half-inch difference in the roof panel heights, which is seemingly causing the bubbles. I called our dealer and they said they were sending the images to Winnebago. I asked the service rep how serious the potential issue was and he said "I have no idea, that is why I am sending it to Winnebago."

Has anyone seen anything like this? And if so, how serious is it?

Thanks and looking forward to being a member of this group!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Roof.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	183221  
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
Site Team

In general, Winnebago says to not worry about a few bubbles - but that looks like an entire luan panel under your roof has either slipped or was incorrectly installed.

I would demand that this be totally fixed and if necessary the entire roof be replaced if that's what it takes to correct this situation. I'm not saying that's what is necessary but I'm saying "whatever it takes" is what I would want done.

Squeaky wheel time for you and that dealer and Winnebago. Don't let this slide into months with no action. At least, that's my opinion and what I would do.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

In December 22 I purchased a new 2100BH. One day while up on the roof I noticed a ridge very much like the one in your photo. A week or two later I check the roof again and the bubble had totally disappeared. I was about to refer the matter to my dealer but the problem has completely gone away. Crazy, Crazy,; may have something to do with temperature and humanity. We will see what happens in the future. One thing I have learned is that if you do not what any problems with your travel trailer or RV; run away forget the Camping; RV experience.

Tags
roof