Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Roof Antenna

Looking for info on replacing the two rubber roof antenna on my 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F. Both are weather damaged, cracked, and coming apart. Replacements are not expensive or hard to find but I am not sure how they come apart up on the roof. There seems to be a screw at the base of the antenna. Does it hold the antenna to a base or will I need to remove something in the overhead compartment inside the motorhome to replace the antenna?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The rubber coating is .. Well. Rubber coating. You can simply paint with Flex Seal if you like.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You should be able to just unscrew the antenna from the base. If you are trying to replace both the base and the antenna, the job will be much, much more complicated. You will need to access the underside of the roof. Search for my recent thread "How to access the underside of the roof for a radio antenna".
Old 11-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
You should be able to just unscrew the antenna from the base. If you are trying to replace both the base and the antenna, the job will be much, much more complicated. You will need to access the underside of the roof. Search for my recent thread "How to access the underside of the roof for a radio antenna".
Haven't done this before -- I am going to try to post a link to my thread about the antenna replacement:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...hvYTSypWyrfx3g
Old 11-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Just Replaced Both Of Mine

Just replaced both of my antennas

Ordered from
Order Winnebago Parts Online - Lichtsinn RV Motor Home Parts

Winnebago part number 09094402000
Cost $9.55 plus shipping.

You get the rubber antenna screwed onto the metal base without the cable. Unscrew the rubber antenna from the metal base and replace your old one with it. Very quick and easy.
captbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I thank everyone for all the info. When I get the motorhome out of storage next year I am going to replace both antenna. Based on the info everyone provided it should be an easy job if all the parts come apart easily.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
The rubber coating is .. Well. Rubber coating. You can simply paint with Flex Seal if you like.
This is a good, quick remedy if the antennas still work. The business components (wire) most likely aren't much compromised, if at all. There are several products like Flex Seal, Plasti Dip, etc.

Tags
antenna, roof