Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
Tenor Bob

Reprogramming Keyless Entry Module

I’m looking for some help on reprogramming the door entry remote on my 2007 Journey 36G. The unit is shown below
151458-01-700 EA MODULE BOARD 202-3227
I have a broken remote. I've purchased what should be a replacement. But now I need to program that replacement remote.
There is a button (visible in photo) that I expect will allow reprogramming of the remotes. But I have no idea what the procedure is. Does anyone have information on the manufacturer or the method for reprogramming? The exposed switch does say "Transmitter Programming Switch Inside". But I don't want to wind up with no remotes working when I'm done
Thanks for any help.

PS: I apologize for placing this in the General section if it should have been in the electrical section. I didn't know which forum would be the more appropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keyless Entry Programming Module.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	180114  
Old 07-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #2

* If you have changed your FOB batteries

* Then you can flowing the programming instructions in the PDF below.

My guess is this will not work, because all these SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry Systems (KES) will not transmit the right frequency any more.

Fortunately for less than $50 you can replace this worthless SCS system with a new Avital.

For more information on this subject you can type this text into your Winnebago search bar above: imnprsd kes

KES stands for Keyless Entry System

Or you can type this into your google browser: imnprsd kes site:winnieowners.com

When you do this you find a number of threads on the Trimark lock and the SCS KES upgrade to Avital.

Also provided below is a wire diagram I created that will make your upgrade easy... and I even added a horn I use to scare the skunks away at night. Note: I did not add an horn that "chirps" when I push the fob because you can hear the door actuator lock and the porch light will blink.

Here's the link to the IRV2 thread with detailed upgrade notes:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/scs...ls-451241.html

Also, you can't test your FOB unless the door is closed. I mention it now, because you will probably front about this fact when you are testing your new Avital and I wouldn't want you think something is wrong.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's an earlier thread that may be helpful as well: How to reprogram my Keyless Entry

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Tenor Bob

THANKS!! - Reprogramming Keyless Entry Transmitters

Thanks to you both for your quick responses.
I have now reprogrammed my transmitters. I appreciate the help.
Bob
Old 07-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #5

TenorBob53: Just to be sure. You are saying that your SCS fobs now are paired and you can use it to open and lock your door?

Don't forget to adjust your Trimark locking nut!

Also, here's another link on this subject that includes the replacement of your door actuator. My actuator housing cracked and then it dropped and jammed the Trimark lock... with me trapped inside.

So now I recommend everyone have a tool kit inside their RV with a star-bit set so you can disassemble the lock and avoid some real heartache!

DON'T GET LOCKED INSIDE YOUR RV! ...CARRY A STAR-BIT SET WITH SOME BASIC TOOLS INSIDE YOUR RV!

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...rk-358744.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Adjustment Bolt In Door.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	180139   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM Hamser Door Acutuator #30-AC02 (Keep).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	180140  

Name:	Zone Tech Door Actuators (Fixs 2004 Itasca).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	180141  
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Just fyi, here's a source for replacement remotes if you need them. I just checked on eBay to verify that they are still available as of this date (and the price has gone down from when I purchased some in 2015!): Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks Remote Replacement - FOUND!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote